Hoppla! Es ist ein unbekannter Fehler aufgetreten

Vera598
Level 2
Hamburg, Germany

Hoppla! Es ist ein unbekannter Fehler aufgetreten

Hi, I want to send  a Message with some  questions to á host and always get an error Message that an unknown error occured and that I should try again. 

i tried this around 100 times nie, have logged out of AirBnB and in again and it all makes in difference.

I am using an iPhone 12

please help me

14 Replies 14
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vera598  Can you try on a computer, using the desktop version rather than the app? It might be an app tech glitch.

Hi, have tried but the Problem stays... thanks anyway!

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Vera598 

Welcome to the community 😊

Sorry for your experience.

I believe the host has blocked you, which cause an error message.

Hi,

but why should the Host Block me? I do not know him and have never booked his place (actually, it looks like it has never been booked up to now). I do have a positive record of several bookings over years.

i accept it could be an explanation, but why is a complete mystery to me...

thanks for your reply anyway!

@Vera598  Pay no attention to that post. I see you have a history of good reviews, there would be no reason for a host to block you. I would imagine it's a tech glitch, so you'll have to contact customer service to see if they can fix it.

Thanks! I am actually worried the offer might me a hoax/fraud? 🤔

@Vera598  There are other posts in this forum about guests getting those error messages. So I suspect it's a tech issue rather than something specific to either you or the host. 

Again, customer service could hopefully get to the bottom of it, as well as whether there is something shady about the listing. 

Hi @Vera598,

What was your first question to the host? 

Where is the listing? Is it nearby to your location? 

The short answer, some hosts do not wish to communicate with another host.

That means they are not interested in having another host in their home. 

An easy way to find out, make another request to any listing if the message is delivered. That mean I am right.

Vera598
Level 2
Hamburg, Germany

It should have been my first question and it never went through... so he must have blocked everybody as there has been no contact before 🤔

I live in hamburg, so very far away to the offer which is on Mallorca... 

Thanks & regards . Vera 

Eduardo1349
Level 1
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I have the same issue therefore as suggested I messaged another host and it work; it means the host I want to message is actually blocking all messages

@Eduardo1349  @Dale711 

where exactly on the host's dashboard is the option to block other host's messages? I've never heard of it until now.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

It is correct you never heared about it... because it does not excists.

🙄

Hi @Eduardo1349 

Welcome to the community 😊

Sorry to hear about your experience. What was your first message to the host?

Indeed, everyone can block or red flag someone in Airbnb. 

You can block the host as well,

How do I report a message or block someone on Airbnb?
  1. Go to your Inbox and tap the conversation with the person you want to block.
  2. Tap the message you wish to report.
  3. Tap Report this message.
  4. You must select They're being offensive to block a user and follow the next few questions with the appropriate options.
  5. Describe the reason for blocking

Click the "block" and save.

As the link below Airbnb help article,

How do I report a message or block someone on Airbnb?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

@Dale711 

this is the way to block an individual not all hosts

and it doesn't make sense in this case