Host Guarantee caps

Lucy747
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Host Guarantee caps

Does anyone know more about the hidden caps I have discovered in the Airbnb Host Guarantee?

I have berm requesting indormation about these from Airbnb but the question is either passed to someelse who then doesnt respond (phone support) or avoided entirely (email support) or ignored as in no response from  terms@airbnb.com

The only "Limit"defined in the terms & conditions are $1000000. There is absolutely no reference to any financial caps on certain categories.

There were all sorts of reassurances about $1000000 of cover given to me 2 weeks ago when drugs gang took over my flat but now all coms have simply morphed into question avoidance or no response. 

But so far I have come across the following caps:

$500 - lock changes & key replacements

$500 - cleaning 

I came across these having had to replace all Banham locks in an emergency and entire flat totally trashed. See my other post : warning for UK hosts re drug gangs in  cities.

I have to replace all carpets (cigarette burns & stains) and want to know if there is a cap on this too as I don't want to go over the limit  if possible. But I am just not getting answers from Airbnb. 

Velux window has been forced and may need new motor (waiting for estimate) - is there a cap on this?

I also read that someone else had been told that Airbnb dont cover professional smoke smell removal. Anyone know about this?  Ive tried all the DIY suggestions- airing (15 days so far), all fabrics removed & cleaned, sodium bicarbonate, various products but it still just stinks of stake cigarettes.  . Next step us professional company to get into all the upholstery and if that doesn't work  - repaint 😞

Im finding it impossible to make decisions and budget repairs without better info from Airbnb so if anyone else has any info, please let me know. 

Lucy

0 Replies 0