Host cancellation of a booking

Host cancellation of a booking

Hi everyone,

I have just been informed of an issue with my property that will mean I have to cancel a confirmed booking until it is rectified. Please could you tell me how to cancel this booking and deactivate/suspend my account.

I really feel bad for the the person who has made the booking.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amanda1882 you need to read the Airbnb extenuating circumstances policy (google it) but the chances are a cancellation will incur a $50-100 penalty and your calendar will be blocked.

You can try calling Airbnb and ask for a penalty free cancellation - you might get lucky.

To snooze your listing go into the booking setting part of the listing.

Thanks very much for your quick reply @Mike-And-Jane0 . That is very helpful.

Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Amanda1882 You can also search for similar listings in the area, make contact with the hosts and plead with the guest to cancel and book elsewhere if another host agrees.
Sometimes AIRBNB will suggest you try to help rebook them somewhere else. 
I have multiple listings and cohost for two others and things do come up that interfere with bookings on occasion. Most times guests are very understanding and if I can arrange another location which might be considered an upgrade at the same price, all is good.  Or you can try to postpone their stay if it’s possible for them and offer a discount.  
Good luck. Please update us.