Host has photos of another property in the listing.

Answered!
Boris261
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Host has photos of another property in the listing.

This listing has a photo of the exterior that is not the property. The photo pictures a property that has a beautiful garden and a table and chairs for enjoying the private courtyard garden. This is not the case. The photo actually states hidden away in the photo description "This is a similar representation not an actual photo of the townhouse". How is this allowed? I really feel like this hurts the community and makes me afraid of making another reservation using Airbnb because who knows what I will get next. My father made the booking this really upset him and he complained and nothing has been done for almost a month. I additionally have complained and Airbnb continues to avoid doing anything about this and chat agents will tell me their shift is ending at times like 11:40. What is happening to Airbnb?

How can I escalate this?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/38153512?source_impression_id=p3_1623081064_xdaDm0qoWywmiNLA&guests=1&a...

1 Best Answer

@Boris261 “I'm getting a list here of Airbnb's to make sure I never stay at.”

By all means, do add me to your list. Please. 

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

My father has been on Airbnb for a while. He has never had an issue. Unfortunately he called the host instead of making sure everything is documented in Airbnb. He is stubborn about certain things.

My take away here. I understand now in most cases not to not try and make things work, even though in the past have usually worked out past issues. Especially if the host is not present or there to walk you through the property so any issues can be discussed, basically that probably means it is time to pack up and thoroughly document the issues, leave and seek compensation for the necessary changes and disruption. This is unfortunate but only solution I see to host that ignore and leave things broken and or have fake pictures up.