Host is not replying

Krupa3
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Host is not replying

Hi there please can you help us! We are currently living in a property in limehouse and it’s due to end on Tuesday! We are not able to go to our parents and we have sold our property and waiting for our new property to come available! The host is just not responding and we are not sure what to do now as we will have to stay here over and above our booking! 

6 Replies 6
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Krupa3  KiaOra Krupa3 have you rung or  sent a message via the AirBNB help desk ? The details should be on your booking ticket. 

Look after yourselves! 

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Have you tried to call/text the host? 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Krupa3 

If days past Your check-out day are available in Your hosts calendar, You could just place a new reservation.

@Krupa3  If further dates are available in your host's calendar, you can request them as a separate booking. But your host is not under any legal or ethical obligation to extend your booking past Tuesday, so I would strongly recommend researching alternative arrangements (even though I truly hope that extending your stay works out for you, for the sake of the general safety of the community).

Unless the specific laws of the place you're staying override any claims of trespassing, you don't have a legal right to stay in the current property after the booking has ended. But as long as you're decent guests, I'm sure your host will recognize that an extension of your booking represents income they have virtually no chance of obtaining otherwise. Tuesday is still a few days away; just submit the request for the checkout date change now. If your host hasn't responded by tomorrow night, be sure you have a plan B.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If the host isn’t responding have you tried calling them. You can’t just stay because you have nowhere else to go. @Krupa3 . 

luckily for you, your booking is covered by one of the exemption to the corona virus legislation covering the ban of  short term rentals.

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Krupa3.. you don't have to make a seaparte booking  .. just send a booking alteration (otherwise you'll have probably twice cleaning fees). But of course, your host has to accept it, if not you'll need to leave by check-out date.