Host not communcating with me before reservation

Host not communcating with me before reservation

Getting nervous, just paid for my reservation in a couple weeks and nobody is responding on their end and wondering what to do

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Suzanne778  you said you JUST paid so give your host some time to answer. Maybe he is sleeping, working, taking a shower, driving, putting his baby to sleep, eating, cooking, check-in guests, or cleaning after them, maybe he is at the doctor's office at the moment .... It's not that we have customer service working in 3 shifts non stop 🙂

If you sent him a message he should reply within 24 h . If you are so worried then don't book instantly next time you can contact your host first.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Host could also :

getting his COVID vaccination, suffering a power breakdown, suffer broken Internet, account suspended, bad hair day, house trashed or flooded or even lost Superhost status or similar disaster which can affect you in daily life.

@Emiel1  ... or suffering nervous breakdown  😄

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Suzanne778 

No need to start being nervous. 

Sent the host a message you would appreciate to receive an answer, if no response within reasonable time (2 days), sent another message to the host. If still no response inform the host you will contact airbnb about the communication issue (host has now lost 1 star for "communication")

Airbnb will try to contact the host, if they also fail ask for relocation or cancellation.

Thank you forthe helpful response, the other one from the other person was not helpful but thank you for your advice I will do just this!

@Suzanne778 Why the need to be rude and call out an answer as not helpful? Because it didn't give you a step by step on what to do? Every possible reason listed could very well apply, and you DO need to be patient. It's not like you have been waiting days or weeks for a reply.