Host referral not once in 10!

Host referral not once in 10!

I'm writing to the community today because I have helped several (now 10) others host their spaces. I have yet to receive any credits for all the effort I've put in to help host navigate the maze of settings, taxes, house rules, amenities, and auto-features. I have called support at least half dozen time about this issue and it never helps. My more recent referrals show an expired, even though they listings were completed before the timeframe. Also one shows as not eligibile! I guess they now only consider whole house listings as true hosts?  Abnb should show the whole house requirement before you send the link! WTF?

My latest referral now show as pending approval. I'm not holding my breath.

I am convinced this whole thing is a ploy for abnb to have good hearted people help others with the false advertisement of a referral benefit. I see that this is prevelent in the community. Maybe CALS is in order...

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jeff-And-Catherine0 

To my knowledge the host referral program has stopped.

It has stopped for guest referrals only. They still have a host referral program.

Screenshot_20220507-190449.png

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jeff-And-Catherine0 

The host referral program is still active, but I'm not sure why you're not receiving the credits you're expecting.

Have you contacted Support directly about this, and if so, have they given any insight?

Thanks!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laura4604
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

I have recently gone through this process and after a full month of AirBnB bookings, at $175/night, for the listing have not received the payout. In digging into why this has happened, I saw that in the last week the referral went from eligible to ineligible. Upon contacting AirBnB support, they simply told me that it was an issue during the first reservation and I could not be given a reason because it was confidential and would violate the hosts privacy policy (Note: I am a co-host for the listing and so have full access to the reservation information). Customer service was extremely rude (called back once to explain this and because I didn't pick it up they closed the case and hassled me for not picking up the first time). 

In looking at other forums, its apparent that AirBnB has lots of loopholes and reasons that they employ to get out of payouts - none of which are indicated in putting together the listing. In our case, the eligibility changed after the reservation. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Laura4604  @Jeff-And-Catherine0 

I have been through the host referral process a few times over the years, followed it step by step to the letter, but I have never received a solitary cent out of it.

In the case of my daughter with her apartment in Bondi Beach in Australia she secured $1,700 worth of bookings within the first 12 hours of going live.....it was all documented, but I somehow didn't meet the required criteria!

I have found the only Airbnb giveaway that actually works is the annual Superhost $100 gift coupon because, they as yet have not found a rabbit hole to crawl down when that superhost anniversary comes around.....the years stats don't lie and they have nowhere to hide, they have to honour it. 

Laura, just treat this host referral bonus thing as an advertising gimmick, you never know one day you might actually be able to fluke ticking all the required conditions (both declared and undeclared)  and get something.

Cheers.......Rob

The promise is a joke hope for the fool