Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Host relief fund

Tracy165
Level 3
Newport Beach, CA

Host relief fund

Has anyone received an email from Airbnb on receiving compensation from this Fund? Or on receiving the 25% payout??  I was just informed emails about the 25% payout starting going out in early April. I have yet to receive any communication from Airbnb. 

11 Replies 11
David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

no one has to the best of my knowledge

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tracy165 

when the guest canceled (according to the cover policy) then I was sent an email saying they had cancelled and that I would see my 25% (actually 12.5%) within 4 weeks.

Have you had any cancellation emails and did yours say this?

No I have not received that email. I have had zero communication from Airbnb. I had strict a cancellation policy in place and every single cancellation has recurved a 100% refund. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tracy165 

Surely you had an email from Airbnb saying your guest had cancelled? The reference I had to the 25% was in this e-mail

Matthew1113
Level 2
Portland, OR

The 25% compensation and the relief grant is just a hoax. No one has received either, nor will any super host receive a dime in compensation.

Bex11
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Nope nothing 

Suleika0
Level 2
Oakland, NJ

I think airbnb will keep all they money for the CEO. We'll get 0000000000.

Marty169
Level 2
Denver, CO

Never got the 25% or the information for the grant - This is insane, my only source of income and have zero bookings for months - I thought airbnb was going to take care of the host and help out and I have not seen a penny.  This was the only way I paid my bills and they have not even put up an application yet.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Suleika0 @Matthew1113 

Why so negative???? If you look at other posts you will see that the 25% (aka 12.5%) payouts have started. Also if you go and look at Airbnb's policies on Covid 19 it explains what they are doing and when.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Tracy165 

$250 Million Host Aid

Message from Airbnb - 20/04/20

* Hosts will receive an email when a support payment is issued.

* This email will have an attached csv file which they can open in  Excel or Google sheets to review details of all the reservations that were included in the disbursement

* If a host hasn't received an email yet, their disbursement hasn't been issued yet

Timeline for next waves of hosts to receive payments and emails

1. 20 April 2020 - 20K hosts
  2. 21 April 2020 - 145K hosts
  3. 22 April 2020 - 150K hosts
  4. 23 April 2020 - 184K hosts

Thanks again for being a valued Airbnb host.

Superhost Relief Fund

Starting on April 10, 2020, a specialized team at Airbnb will be inviting eligible Superhosts and hosts of experiences to apply for a relief grant via email.  Invitations to apply will go out first to long-standing Superhosts who are in the greatest financial need, by looking at the earnings decline from this year to last. This same team will evaluate applications and get in touch with hosts to let them know whether their applications are approved. All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.

Oscar667
Level 2
New York, NY

Just spoke with customer service, they know nothing about this fund... Seems this was a publicity stunt.  All my reservations that were canceled meet the required criteria for a 25% payout from my cancelation policy from this "$250m host fund"... not a single email has been sent to me.  I've contacted customer service and the poor representative had no idea what to say cause they haven't been given any info.  This is a publicity stunt to get headlines that say "Airbnb $250 fund given to host" and it's working, this headline is everywhere but hosts aren't receiving anything...

Hosts, speak up if you qualify for this! Don't stay silent!