Hosting - Guest courtesy

Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 6
Coimbatore, India

Hosting - Guest courtesy

We often discuss guest feedback for hosts, let's flip the coin. Have you ever had guests who were not only courteous but also helpful, understanding, and proactive?

I had a guest, Mr. Madhu, and his wife, whose stay brings a smile to my face. When they checked in, there was a water supply issue, but they patiently waited and even checked with the maintenance team. Remarkably, they fixed the WiFi router themselves without informing us. It was a pleasant surprise when I inspected the property after their checkout.

These considerate acts boost our confidence as hosts. Mr. Madhu reviewed the property as "home away from home," a sentiment I fully endorse due to their genuine care for our property. Guests like Mr. Madhu and his wife reinforce the positive impact of thoughtful interactions, making hosting a truly rewarding experience

9 Replies 9

私の宿にも、バーベキューの後に火の元の確認や現地の片付け状況を見て欲しいとの宿泊者リーダーの方の行動に感心した経験があります。一方でゴミの分別や火の元の消火等はホストのやるべき仕事との認識もあるので、私達は、点検マニュアルのような物が必要だとも感じています。

___

I have had the experience of being impressed by the actions of a guest leader at my lodge who wanted me to check the fire and see how the area was cleaned up after a barbecue. On the other hand, I also feel that we need some sort of inspection manual, since there is a perception that sorting out trash and extinguishing fires is a job that should be done by the hosts.

[Google translation added by OCM]

Hi @明宜0 😊

you should take a look at this link: "A clear and simple checkout".

Warm regards,

___

こんにちは😊
こちらのリンクをご覧ください: 「明瞭でシンプルなチェックアウト

よろしくお願いします、

[Google translation added by OCM]

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dr-Jayanthi1 

thank you for sharing this experience; it is very interesting! 😍

Aren’t you afraid that if guests do things independently, it might make things worse instead of fixing them?

What do you think? Did you have any similar experience to share? 

@Emmanuel9, @Guy991@Karen1100 , @Muslim4 , @Nash-Cottages-LLC0@Zheng49 , @Elena4354@Bettye6@Patricia2526@Andrea6232@Kitty-and-Creek0 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa  - you caught me 🤩 I’ve had that experience too . They had moved all my furniture - a complete revamp that made my space completely cluttered, not sure for what reason and refused to accept it too. Aircover could not help me as my house rules didn’t mention a “penalty” for moving furniture 😢.  
Yes it creates a mess at times - but I had  a very pleasant experience with Mr Madhu and his wife right from their check in and I wanted to give it a “shout out”. 
We never wait to call up CS when we our bad days, so definitely wanted to have hosts talk about their best days as well 👍👍

@Dr-Jayanthi1 

Oh, I’m sad to hear that, but it can happen 😔. I definitely agree with your perspective and am happy about the wonderful experience you had at your house. 😍 

I look forward to seeing more posts like yours! 🌻

Warm regards, 

-----

Ciao @Elisa , I actually had guests who completely misconfigured the Jacuzzi settings 😂

Ciao @Andrea6232 

No way, I am sorry!😱  

What did you do? 

-----

Nash-Cottages-LLC0
Level 10
Nashville, TN

@Elisa Thanks for the tag! We only ask guests to do 4 things at check out: make sure everything is turned off, turn the coffee maker upside down in the sink, open the washing machine door if they used it and text us when the leave. We've had a few guests go above and beyond at check out by stripping the beds, starting the dishwasher, putting dirty towels on top of the washing machine, taking out the garbage and recycling. Obviously we don't expect anything above what we ask so  it's always a pleasant surprise when so much more is done! @Dr-Jayanthi1 

@Nash-Cottages-LLC0 

It is amazing; thank you for sharing this! 😍

How do you manage with Hosts who don’t do what you ask them to?

-----