Hosting for one but 2-wants in…

Betty429
Level 1
Metairie, LA

Hosting for one but 2-wants in…

My guest will be her for 29 days. He using a room in my condo. Last night he messaged me and asked if his girlfriend could stay with him the remainder of the time. I told him no. I live in a small condo and had to move here due to hurricane Ida. My home is in need of repair. This is a 2-bedroom 1.5 bath condo. When he messaged me for the condo he specifically stated it was “only him”. What should I do?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Betty429  There is nothing more for you to do- you already told him no, his girlfriend can't stay. You only host one and he paid for one. If he doesn't like it, tell him to cancel the remainder of his booking and look for something that suits his needs.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Betty429 

I agree.

Stand your ground and don’t be bullied into changing the terms of the rental.

@Betty429  It's possible that the guest might feel unable to cancel, because under the terms of the long-term cancellation policy, he can't get a refund for the remaining days.

But if the booking is no longer a suitable fit, or you no longer trust the guest to respect your rules and household, you can initiate a change to the booking and move forward the checkout date:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/as-a-host-how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation