House Party

Asia495
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

House Party

Hey my name is Asia**, I’m looking for a spacious house to throw a birthday party. I need it around the dates of Oct. 28-31 2020 it’s for one night but those are the dates I’m willing to take. I’m having a hard time trying to find a house that will allow parties in my range. 

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

55 Replies 55

@Sarah977 True I’m not that type of person which y’all don’t know. It was a little bigger then a gathering.

@Inna22 @I have been very busy and my hashtags was to use trending hashtag. All of y’all are very rude I was just asking to host a party in Fort Worth, Texas United States I will update my pictures abd stuff but I don’t think it was required for y’all to all team up on me I know it’s not used for parties due to the fact that it’s a house and nobody like there house used for events but I was hoping there was someone out there willing to let me do it I will clean and make sure nothing is damaged I’m willing to make sure nothing is damaged it’s my second or third time really being on here like this so that’s why. Y’all are quick to comment under someone’s post but don’t know who your talking to and don’t even have anything listed under you profiles nor any reviews either. Sooooooooooo!!! 

Kathy842
Level 6
Dallas, TX

Hello Asia. I can help. What city do you need the home in?

@Kathy842 Hey Kathy and Fort Worth,Texas United States 🇺🇸 

@Asia495 "...I’m having a hard time trying to find a house that will allow parties in my range."

Hmmmmmmm~~~~ I wonder why~~~~~ 🙄 🤔 😏 😒 🙄 🤔 😏 😒 🙄

Why don't you ask a friend or colleague or relative or simply ANYONE you happen to know about renting their *spacious home* for a birthday party, tell them what you'd offer to pay them for renting the space and the trouble, throw in an invite to the party while you're at it, then see how they react.  

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Hmmmm I wonder why I never asked you Because you live no where near me 😭. ALSO I don’t think you should of commented if your not going to say anything nice because it seems like you have ALOT to say. You can simply could of just minded YOUR business.  You might as well worry about yourself 😊 

Fran2
Level 10
Launceston, Australia

You want to host a “bigger than gathering” party in someone else’s place and are wondering why you can’t find a rental?

135,000 plus dead from Coronavirus in your country and growing, as I read it here in Australia, Texas is one of the highest states!

i am gobsmacked!

@Fran2 I already mad myself clear about what I was trying to do I don’t have to explain myself to people that don’t even live in my state. If your not trying to help or don’t have anything nice to say just leave it along thank you but no thank you. 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Asia495try

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

They focus on spaces that are set up for parties and gatherings. Airbnb is primarily accommodations for travelers and you're probably going to get a lot of "no's" from hosts if you ask about holding a party. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Why the negative approach to @Asia495 ?

S/he has been upfront about their requirements.

It could be a dinner party for all we know.

Do you know how many people have been in their self isolation bubble?

I don't believe that's been mentioned, alas it would be important for @Asia495 to be transparent in any communications to potential hosts, including providing a list and details of who will be attending, including any security personal.

Not every person who wishes to rent an ABB property for a party go around vandalising places, nor are they all irresponsible.

We are aware of people who have large families and groups of friends who's own places are too small for a party and may for instance need and want somewhere larger & homely to have gatherings who are very respectful.

Whilst we have all read of unfortunate shootings etc in ABB properties, many of them appear to have involved known to Police in a bad way.

How about giving people who come into ABB CC the benefit of the doubt?

@Jessica-and-Henry0comment about seeing how they react could be taken as a positive or negative and there's no harm in asking to see how a potential host would react.

I understand that there's now an age restriction on who can apply on ABB for places to have parties.

All the best 

@Helen427 Thank you for clearing the air. That was very much needed 💚

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen427  "It could be a dinner party for all we know.."

Asia stated that it was a birthday party and more than 50 people. If you wish to allow huge party gatherings of people at your place, that's your prerogative, but far too many hosts have had their homes trashed by partiers, so no, they aren't willing to give guests the benefit of the doubt- it's not worth the risk. 

Unless a place is set up for events, why in the world should they allow them? Most Airbnb are set up as accommodation, not party venues. It's like expecting the hardware store to sell food.

@Helen427 I never stated how many people was going to attend and I’m willing to provide a list of visitors. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Asia495 

It's @Sarah377 who mentioned how many pple are going to attend, 50, and I've no idea where ages plucked that figure from.

There's not even any mention of how many people in your posts @Asia495  and that is your business & that of potential hosts!

@Asia495I don't have any issues at all with people requiring places for, or using an agreed ABB property to responsible guests needing a larger place for birthday parties, there's nothing worse than having a gigantic community hall for an event that's too small for it - besides there's things like decorating it to consider, or perhaps the places as you said are not close enough.

None of us know your personal circle who are invited, for all we know it could be a birthday party for your grand parent.

There's many unknowns to consider 

@Helen427  I didn’t meant to @ you but that’s exactly what I was saying how can anybody judge or know if they know nothing about me.