House Party

Asia495
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

House Party

Hey my name is Asia**, I’m looking for a spacious house to throw a birthday party. I need it around the dates of Oct. 28-31 2020 it’s for one night but those are the dates I’m willing to take. I’m having a hard time trying to find a house that will allow parties in my range. 

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

55 Replies 55

@Helen427  " It's @Sarah377 who mentioned how many people are going to attend, 50, and I've no idea where ages plucked that figure from."

You are correct- I got confused with another thread. But what Asia stated, in response to Inna's post saying that where she is, gatherings of more than 10 people are not allowed because of COVID (which is the case in many locations), was that it was to be "more than a gathering". More than a gathering isn't a dinner party.

And you list a private room in your home, as I do. So you've obviously not had party goers trash a whole house listing, as so many hosts have. I can't imagine why you are pushing for hosts to allow parties, as if they are, for the most part, respectful affairs. That isn't the scenario the majority of hosts who've had people throw parties at their homes experience.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sarah377 

A birthday party can be a dinner party which may or may not lead to dancing 🍾🍰💃 etc afterwards.

Children's birthday parties as a comparison tend to be Lunchtime birthday parties 🎊 🎈 🎉🍦🍬🍭🍨 🤾🤗

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Helen427,

The time and attendees of children's parties varies among cultures.  In the Caribbean it is not uncommon for a child's birthday part to start in the evening, and be well attended by adults.  Drinks will be served, and dancing may go well into the wee hours with the children still up.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Couldn't help but agree with you there @Debra300 

Latin American cultures are very much known for that tradition, speaking of experience from having attended my share of their cultures parties, adult and children amongst others.

Always a great time had by all 🤝 

@Helen427 For real!!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Asia495   I feel like you didn't expect such a strong reaction from the host community on this forum.  You asked a straight forward question and provided information you thought was relevant.  Given this reaction, I wonder if you are rethinking your plans.  Sounds like you are seeking a wonderful celebration, hopefully far in the future after the pandemic subsides, and just want some help.  If it is that big of deal, I would like to suggest you contact an event planner.  My daughter has an event planning company, not in your area, but right now event planners are not too busy and might be able to help.  Usually a good planner will off-set the cost of the planning services by negotiating a more favorable contract with the venue and maybe even the food and beverage supplier.  They also often know of places that would be available that you might not think of.  Just a thought.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Linda108 

By all accounts @Asia495

intended party is a couple of months away yet.

That's a sweet and kind offer of yours to help @Asia495 

Maybe you can DM each other to pursue that option you have offered them.

Whichever way @Asia495 takes they will know we will be taking an interest in how the event pans out.

Lol, remember local laws with noise control, perhaps offer to the host a flier to distribute in the immediate vicinty in the neighbourhood of the intended event to show commitment to host & guest responsibility 🤗.

better to give heads up than other.

Anything can happen between now and then as we all found out when we were brought to a halt with our daily lives in March 2020 by world events.

All the best with your plans @Asia495

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen427  Perhaps lunchtime children's birthday parties are what you are familiar with, but I can assure you that they aren't the norm everywhere. 

Dejaun0
Level 2
Lithonia, GA

OP asked a simple question, received a few decent answers, but mostly got jumped on by several posters who make it a hobby to throw their passive aggressive snark at new Airbnb users. One of these posters even admitted she doesn't wash the covers between guests. But that's none of my business. Instead of seeing a question that you don't like being asked, and answering it with your trademark "I'm a regular poster on a North American online lodging forum so my view is superior" tone, why don't you...hmmm....ignore the question? Y'all be blessed though.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I haven’t seen one of the regulars on here say they don’t wash their bedding in between guests @Dejaun0 .

can you link to the post in question? 

love the way you have come on here to blast hosts and then end with superbly passive aggressive 

‘y’all be blessed now ‘ 😊😁😃

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Asia495  Did you proceed with your party?

If so, how was it?