How Airbnb can help to improve review process

Candy47
Level 2
Portland, OR

How Airbnb can help to improve review process

I am a superhost of years now and I think there are few things Airbnb should improve to help superhost:

(1) Guests review all category 5 stars should not be able to review less than 5 stars overall. Many times, it may be mistake of clicking and host end up having 4 stars review which is important for host.

(2) Guest breaks house rule review should be removable based on host request. That way, host will not be afraid to communicate to guests they violate house rule.

(3) Superhost should be able to remove up to 5 reviews in a year to remove the untruthful review.  

(4) Airbnb should remove untruthful review by guests if host can provide proof. I have a guest give me a 3 stars review because she thinks that there is no shower. I have never received a 3 stars review. She gave all categories 5 stars. But she is too afraid to open door so she can't realize the shower is there. This kind of review should removed because it is misleading.  

1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Candy47 

Please read this: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/The-General-Confusion-About-Star-Ratings/m-p/866168

Just because you think a guest who left you an overall rating of 4 stars (or less) gave you 5 stars in each category, that is probably not the case. If a guest doesn't fill out the individual categories (which are optional, so many guests don't), they show up to the host as 5 star, even though they are not.

As for your other suggestions, these have all been made on this forum hundreds of times already (just do a quick search and you will see. In response, Airbnb has done nothing except to make it harder to get reviews removed, not easier, so they clearly have no intention of making these changes.