Host pre-approved but cannot book due to safety risk?

Steven1017
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

Host pre-approved but cannot book due to safety risk?

Hello,

I've been pre-approved by a host but receive the following error message when trying to submit the booking:

Your reservation couldn't be completed

We have implemented restrictions that prevent guests from making reservations of entire homes when a pattern of factors suggest that the booking may present higher safety risks (such as parties).

While we know this may be an inconvenience, you still have options. These restrictions don’t apply to hotels or private rooms.

Could anyone shed some light on this error message? From what I see online it seems like people under age 25 aren't allowed to book houses, however the error message doesn't make that clear.

For reference: I have a couple positive reviews of history on my account, the host as already pre-approved, and "no parties" is clearly stipulated in the listing. I'm seeking out a separate space specifically due to COVID concerns.

Is there something I need to change within my account or some filter the host has to lift for the booking to go through, or is it just not at all possible?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Steven1017 "From what I see online it seems like people under age 25 aren't allowed to book houses, however the error message doesn't make that clear."

Yes, this is what's going on, and you're correct that the error message is ambiguous. That's Airbnb for you. There is nothing you can do to get around it. There's a few tricks the host can try if they are inclined, one of which is temporarily changing their listing to a shared space, allowing the booking to be accepted. 

1E3A3093-5AA2-4732-B3E6-B95BD1A64A18.jpegHi

I received the same Your problem as host.

If someone try’s to book my place, will get the message regarding Your reservation couldn't be completed

We have implemented restrictions that prevent guests from making reservations of entire homes when a pattern of factors suggest that the booking may present higher safety risks (such as parties).

and jumping to hotel and other lists
I tried to book my place with 3 different account from my friends and family and all of them received the same message.
Even one of my friend his super host and has a more than 200 review as host and he couldn’t. One of Airbnb customer service told me just people with 5 and more reviews can book my place. But My instead booking is on and also I had a gust booked my place same day and for first time using Airbnb.
If someone has same problem or know how to solve the problem please help me because looks like Airbnb don’t know about it.

Regards
Rouzbeh samet