How do i re open dates that AirB&B closed saying I cancelled the booking.

Mario2444
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

How do i re open dates that AirB&B closed saying I cancelled the booking.

AirB&B says "You canceled this trip We blocked these dates, but you can open them up if you’re able to host." I did not cancel the trip as my listing was supposed to be snoozed. Now my calendar is blocked!!! Can anyone help me re-open those dates please?

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mario2444 the rules are clear - if you cancelled then the dates are blocked. What is not clear is if you cancelled or not. Based on your post it looks like you did.

Hi Mike. Thanks, all's well!

Mario2444
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

Thank you so much for replying. Two things: one the cancellation happened because I snoozed ther account but the booking came through anyway. Two: the guest wrote to me "I have sent them a cancellation request" to which I replied "Yes, I saw that" - now suddenly I am the one who cancelled? I don't understand. I think I'll just unlist for now. Thank you so much for your help. Have a great Easter!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mario2444 

It is confusing what you wrote, in your first post and in your reply (sorry):

1. "You canceled this trip We blocked these dates, but you can open them up if you’re able to host."

This can not be true, as @Mike-And-Jane0 already explained.

2. An account can not be snoozed, only a listing can be snoozed.

3. The guest wrote "I have sent them a cancellation request" Who is/are "them" ?

4."yes, i saw that" What did you exactly see ?

Please be more clear to get better advice

Mario2444
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

Thank you Emiel. All fixed up.

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

@Mario2444 Very very easy fix just call AirBnb up and explain the situation nicely.usually they will unblock the days for you.

Mario2444
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

Thanks Nina. All fixed up.