How do we stop hosting?

How do we stop hosting?

Hi,

I decided to stop renting my apartment, which I also rented out through Airbnb for short-term rent, and I would like to ask you:

- How do I notify the platform about this?

- How will I see if they owe me and where will I apply to ask Airbnb send the money now? I read somewhere that they owe me 1500 euros, but it was not clear if this is from upcoming bookings or from older ones.

- because the apartment will be continued by its owner as an Aibnb residence, customers may not cancel, but continue with her as a hostess. But how will this be done?

Thank you very much for your time. Ifigenia

Hi,  

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You can deactivate your listing if there are no active future reservations, @Ifigenia2 . Go to edit your listing  details and scroll down to the bottom and change status to deactivate.

But there are active reservations. AND the most important is that the owner of the apartment might want to continue as a host in my place, I am trying to persuade her. 

Is there a way to duplicate the page of this apartment with all its photos and texts, guides etc, and then deactivate it myself? I want to give it to the owner as an Airbnb apartment, and help her continue in my place. It is a pity to lose all this hard work I have done for the super host title etc. 

@Ifigenia2  You can't unlist if you have active and upoming reservations, nor can you expect already booked guests to necessarily be okay with keeping the booking if there is a different host. As you said, you've worked hard for your ratings, and it would be very unfair to guests, who booked based partially on your ratngs and reviews as a host, to simply have them get stuck with another host, who may not be as attentive as you are. If a property changes hands, guests have to be contacted, informed of the situation, and given the opportunity to cancel with full refund if they choose. Guests aren't pieces of furniture that can just be passed along from one host to the next.

You really should not have decided not to continue renting the place yourself until all the reservations already on the books were completed, and as soon as you make the decision not to host this place anymore, you close your calendar, so new reservations can't be booked.

Aside from that, yes, you could let the new host use your photos and description text, guides, etc, but listings aren't actually transferrable- the new host would be starting from scratch, with no reviews or ratings- the ratings and reviews stay with the host who earned them, not with the listing. So if you decided to host a different place in the future, the ratings and reviews from the place you have now would still show up on your profile.

You are right, dear Sarah, and that is what I am thinking to do. I never thought of my guest as ...furniture and I always showed high respect for them. I will write a letter to all my guests informing them that I have to leave the apartment due to the crisis, I cannot pay it anymore, unfortunately. These reservations were made before the crisis started and they go until September 2020, I could not predict at that time what will happen. So should  I ask them to cancel? or should I cancel myself? There is approximately 1 reservation per month now.  Of course, I will let them choose themselves if they will rent again the same apartment or not. Thank you for your contribution. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ifigenia2 

If you choose to cancel the remaining reservations I THINK Airbnb have just extended the timescale for hosts to do so 'penalty free' until mid May. 

Hope this helps

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ifigenia2   I am a bit confused by your circumstance for the listing.  You do not own the listing but you are not a cohost.  Are you renting a separate apartment then sub-letting as a short term apartment during the high tourist season?  Is the issue that you cannot afford to keep the apartment or do you have to leave the area or are there restrictions for travelers in your area?  Perhaps you can review the situation with Air BNB to determine how best to shut down the listing with the guests' needs in mind without unduly burdening you.  Good luck and keep us posted.