Veritee0
Level 2
Porkellis, United Kingdom

How do you chanllenge a review

How do you challenge an inaccurate  review to get it removed
Thank you
Veritee

1 Best Answer

@Veritee0   Have a look at the review policy:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

Money quote:  "While we encourage and expect all community members to post reviews that contain objective and accurate information, Airbnb doesn’t mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. "

If a review says that your home is a yurt in Mongolia rather than an apartment in England, that level of inaccuracy could be challenged on the grounds of relevancy. But if it says, for example, that the house was dusty, and you don't feel that it was, your only recourse is to post a public response.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do a search on the Airbnb Help Website under Reviews and you will find Airbnb's content policy for leaving a review @Veritee0 

You will then be able to see if you have grounds for asking for the review to be removed . 

@Veritee0   Have a look at the review policy:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

Money quote:  "While we encourage and expect all community members to post reviews that contain objective and accurate information, Airbnb doesn’t mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. "

If a review says that your home is a yurt in Mongolia rather than an apartment in England, that level of inaccuracy could be challenged on the grounds of relevancy. But if it says, for example, that the house was dusty, and you don't feel that it was, your only recourse is to post a public response.

Veritee0
Level 2

Had to laugh at that as we were one of the first to let Yurts in the UK and advertise them on main online platforms like this. Did it for 10 years. Until we got to old and past putting them up and down.

Yes basically I can do nothing. As it is my word against them that I had cleaned and cleaned well.

But OK. Star answer
Thanks x

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Veritee0 Having read the review there are, in my opinion, no grounds to have it removed. Interestingly you have responded to a another June review saying you hoped there was no dust and that you do your best. As a guest I would suggest that this implies there can be dust around at times. How you respond to reviews is just as important as the review itself as far as future guests are concerned.

There is never any dust, but I am OCD about cleaning and work very hard and reviews like this impact hugely on my mental health.
So sadly if I get one like that I can seek reassurance.

I get one really bad one  like this about once a year. Yet my standards are never any different and as you can see all the rest are very good. We have more people stay than review on here as we have many who come year after year, some for 10 years,  through word of mouth.

It is a very old building and it takes constant repainting and other works to keep it dust free and I stupidly said that about the dust after I had another one like this one last year as I was feeling really insecure and ill due to it.
But Airbnb took that one down themselves, or never let it be posted? As I only know that it was because the customer posted me a horrible email saying they wold and with a copy of it.
But that actual review never appeared??? I assumed Airbnb had taken it down and thought they may with this one which is equally untrue and says similar things.

Veritee0
Level 2

But yes it was about dust and cleanliness, which could not be true. And if these are the 'rules'  then they won't take it down. I jsut wonder why they did the one last year.
Maybe it said something that was not sent to me that was provable untrue.
Or maybe they didn't send it, just the email to me saying they would?

And it is always people who are stressed when they arrive. Last year it was a couple with a newish, still breastfed baby, they had had in the first lockdown.
It was their first journey with her and had had a stressed long journey due to traffic and a crying baby. And were scared that they had risked a holiday due to Covid risk and worried about germs etc
This recent one was a couple who seemed to find dog ownership difficult. It was their first long journey with their dog who did not take to it well.
And I think I make the mistake of feeling for people who arrive stressed. Because I'm not a good traveler these days and any long journey stresses me and it always did with a child and or a dog that is not a good traveler.
And so I try to reassure them and always seem to say the wrong thing.

I've realised that really the best thing to do with those that arrive stressed is to say not much except welcome and show them in as soon as possible and leave them be for the week, so they can settle in and de-stress.
I always leave people be totally when they are staying but I usually out of politeness greet them. In future I will cut my greeting down to the bare necessity especially with those that are stressed and not try to empathise with them.
Veritee0
Level 2

And to say I had not cleaned and yet said I had done it using Airbnb Covid guidelines when I had,  and checked it less than an hour before they arrived.

To me that is personally insulting.
To me that is personal not a review. As it is saying that my signing that I have cleaned it according to Covid Guidelines and on a certain day is false.

Then the only implication is I am lying about the cleaning I did.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Veritee0 You really must try not to take reviews seriously. There is, as @Anonymous said, no need for them to even be truthful. At the end of the day knowing yourself what was clean is way more important than what anyone else might say.

Thank you and OK I have it now. I can do nothing. Visitors can say anything they like is it is something like cleanliness and dust etc that is their word against mine.
Sadly with OCD about cleaning you NEVER know in your heart if it is clean enough to meet others standards.

You know you have cleaned and how much . And you know when something has to be complete fabrication. But if you have this sort of review you always will worry and it will set your doubts off if you get a review about your cleaning.

But thanks.
I have my answer. I can do nothing.
But thank you.