How many positive reviews i need to push down a negative one?

Michael1107
Level 4
Parma, Italy

How many positive reviews i need to push down a negative one?

I recieved a couple of negative reviews, i want to improve what i can to recieve more positive ones so the negative one becomes not immediately visible. I also lowered the price so I'm more likely to recieve 5 stars for what i offer now while i improve what i have been negatively reviwed for. 

So I'm asking, will this actually happen or airbnb will keep the negative review up?

Because if the negative reviews stay up then it would be better to create another listing or close this account and create another one once i completely transformed my house

51 Replies 51

600 would be enough for me

@Michael1107 

But you're not going to get 600.. because nobody is 100% occupied.

How much would you get a month letting longterm? You'd get a minimum 400-500 in the UK.

I'm just not interested long term renting, sometimes i need the house. By the way june was 100% occupied 

@Michael1107 Then there is clearly demand in that area for AirBnBs.

Personally, if I was going to stick with AirBnB - i'd probably recommend a complete refurbishment and then charge a MUCH higher rate. I'm not sure how guests paying £20 a night have the audacity to be critical of anything to be honest - but they do!

There is a market for the minimalistic/hostel type places.. but it's not very lucrative and it's not pretty.

If funds are an issue, then get the listing back on (try to improve the cleanliness as much as you can) and milk it until you've got enough to pay for the refurbishment! Then start a fresh with a new listing.

Yes i think it's the best solution, people are incredible, they need the room, they even beg if i don't accept and give me 4 or 3 stars, lol...

I will milk it as much as i can, the only problem in doing it is getting banned forever, that would be a big damage, it would mean i can't come back even after a complete refurbishment

By the way I'm a handy many a there's many things i can do myself, like laying laminate, changing doors and toilets, just installing laminate floor and changing doors and bathroom will make the apartment look new... I still need funds even if i will do it myself, quality laminate doors barhrooms can be expensive...

If its too minimalistic i will buy new forniture, i want it to look like a normal house not a hostel, but the room is small and i didn't want it to look cluttered either that's way i didn't buy much else even if i have the money for forniture 

But if it looks too much like a hostel i will change that too

Thank you for your advice 

Thank you for your

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Michael1107   Since it's a home share you can explain how the rating works to your guests, e.g. that anything less than 4 is bannable.  I see your listing is back up, but no photos of the bathroom or the rest of the house.  

Cleanliness is something you can control, you just have to do better.  I still would not paint over the tile in the bathroom, you can get a grout pen and clean or change the color.

You should add some wall art and get some nicer bedspreads.

Good luck

I don't know why you wouldn't paint the tiles,  for me the bathroom gives a bad old look, i don't know maybe its just me...

I guess it looks vintage in pictures, but here in europe those tiles are normal and they just look old... Paint is way to make it look new and cover grouts and imperfections in general... 

The reason i didn't buy nice bed spreads is because its summer, its hot here, that's why i bought those light ones, even those are too much, nobody is using it

Thank you