How to escalate a technical glitch refund

Angie666
Level 2
Brooks, KY

How to escalate a technical glitch refund

I rented a place and paid for it in full with a gift card, after I checked out I was charged again, but this time they charged my Visa. The owner notified them that it was incorrect and they were to refund me. So they refunded me in Airbnb credit. I can’t pay my visa with an Airbnb credit. For two weeks, and multiple people, I’ve been dealing with this. They acknowledge it was wrong and said it’s a technical glitch that the engineers have to fix. I’m messaging today with no response. How do I get this fixed?

5 Replies 5
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Angie666 get your bank to retract the payment. H

I did and They did. But now I get to fill out paperwork for something that’s clearly Airbnbs fault. 🤦‍♀️ It’s just frustrating. 

personally I have no idea how this could have happened at all , I can only imagine that the full payment from your gift card did not go through correctly or the visa was charged before the gift card was in play . These are just processes but frustrating as all heck. H

There was 12 days between my payment with the gift card and the visa charge. The owner actually did something accidentally, I believe. They changed the number of guests. But that shouldn’t have recharged me. She knew how many people were staying there from the original booking months prior. Oh well, I won’t pay it and they can decide what to do with my Airbnb credit. 🤦‍♀️

@Angie666  I thought you stated that the credit had already gone through ? H