Huge problem with Gift voucher

Huge problem with Gift voucher

I bought a £200.00 Airb&b gift voucher for my son for Christmas 

BUT they put it in my account and now will not transfer or help any suggestions how I deal with this ? They accept it’s gone wrong ! But have said I had been hacked, that my so has it !! Then I have it basically they don’t know but won’t help 

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emma3078 if at all possible just get them to refund you. If your son uses the voucher and then cancels he will not get the voucher back. Cash is preferable I am afraid.

Thank you but they just keep telling one thing or another ! I have asked them to pay it back to me as it’s supposedly been put in my air b&b account  but that’s no good it’s for my sons present ! I can’t afford another £200.00?!!!

just dispute it on your CC

Thanks Christina but how just by talking about it on here ? I have discussed until I’m blue in the face but never have they sugguest the simple answer of paying me the money back !They can check up on my computer talks with them and talks with my son but we can’t check on them!! 
Literally they said 1)I had been hacked! 2)they tell me the hackers must have put into my account .3)The next day another conversation with someone how said it had been sent Tony son !!As I pointed out to her that had it happened anytime !!

3) They keep returning to the help centre but nothing in there helps with this situation !! Seriously in these times why should I be out of pocket and I can’t prove anything as I’m just little old me !! Not a huge company who could easily just give me back the money so at least I could give the cash to my son ? 
why is it big firms like this can get away with this . Please nobody buy a gift voucher from airb&b as sometimes they seem to go a wall 😱😱😱Thanks for you support but more needed . 
regards

emma 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Emma3078 

How did you purchase the gift voucher?  Was it a physical gift card or an e-gift card?  Where did you purchase it from?

We're not Customer Service here on the Community Center, but if you let us know a bit more information about where you got the voucher then we can see if there's anything we can do to help give you a resolution.

When replying, if you press @ and then type Jenny then it'll tag me in your reply.

Thanks!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bought as a e-card to my son which was meant to start  Jan 1 2023 . But they sent me an email which when my son did not receive I sent to him . When he tried to book a weekend away for his family he was informed it had been redeemed !!! 
I then spoke to the Help centre six different persons . 
I was told I was hacked 

I was told it was in my account not my sons !! 
I asked for it to be transferred to the person who was on the E-card  No ! They had to check my connections with Airb&b and they still haven’t sorted . They have asked to check my sons computer but he’s a bit loath as it’s his work computer and privacy is huge . 
The voucher was for £200.00 

as I had sold a family mirror and split the money between my two sons . Thankfully I didn’t buy my other son a E-card !! 

I was told on the first conversation they didn’t recognise my email BUT  funny how they can send me emails o the email being wrong !!?  
Does that help !! 
I am disgusted  at the way I have been pushed from pillar to post and treated as if I and my son are in the wrong . 
Surely this is a straight forward payment back to me so I can buy something a lot less stressful as a present !!! ? 
The last conversation I had with an operative She said it had now been sent to my son so go and check!! SoI did but guess what he has not received !!! Seriously what more can I do !! ?
They keep sending me places to contact but they are computerised conversations so I can’t get it to understand my frustrating problem !! It’s called being fobbed off 😱

Regards

Emma Saunders 

ex Host for airb&b and Now X user of Airb&b

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Emma3078 

I've escalated this within Airbnb for you to see if we can get some more help for you.

Hopefully someone will be in touch soon!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines