I am new to this platform...

ISami0
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

I am new to this platform...

Hello,

My name is Sami and I am in CA.  I have been hosting for about 2.5 years and I own 3 homes and manage one for a family member.  I have couple of questions: my electric bills are killing me ($1,140 - $1,380) per month for one of the property.  Guests just never turn the cooling off even when they are not home.  What do you suggest? Second, guests are staining white linens and towels a lot even though clean instructions from me.  Just generally specking guests are damaging the personal items a lot.  I don't want to charge for everything but I feel like I must because my operating expenses are out of control.  Can't wait to see all of your feedback.  Thank you 

2 Replies 2
Frederick153
Level 3
Santa Monica, CA

Hi @ISami0 ,

For managing electric bills and reducing damage, clear communication with guests can be really effective.

Electric Bills: Consider installing smart thermostats that can be programmed to adjust the temperature when guests are not in the home. This can help manage cooling costs more efficiently. Include energy-saving tips and instructions on thermostat usage in your welcome book. You might also place signs near the thermostat reminding guests to turn off cooling when they leave.

Linens and Towels: Provide detailed care instructions in your welcome book and consider adding signage in key areas to remind guests of proper usage.

If you’re looking for a convenient way to create a professional and effective welcome book and signs, you might find customizable templates helpful. They can help you organize and present this information clearly and attractively. Check out templacity for some great design options, most of the time communication is the key.

Best of luck with your properties!