I can't get through to phone support

Patrick1040
Level 3
Seattle, WA

I can't get through to phone support

The phone support line is unreachable with a message "your call can't be completed at this time - please try again later". Started yesterday. I have a refund issue I haven't faced before. A guest cancelled and we have a flexible policy so a refund is fine. But I didn't know that a stay longer than 28 days doesn't follow our refund policy. I don't understand why that is, but it's beside the point. The guest can't get their refund without "requesting it" from me. I'm happy to OK it but the website says it will be deducted from my next payout. But it has to be from the payout for the cancelled reservation, which I need assurance I'll still get.  I don't need a lot of help - phone support has been super for me for years. I wonder what's up?

Alternatively, any other way to get help beside the help files?

Thanks everyone.

Patrick

4 Replies 4

Hi, Patrick!

I had a similar case in December with the cancellation of a March reservation.  Guest cited concerns related to COVID.  I also was not aware that our flexible cancellation policy does not apply to longer reservations (lesson learned!).  I had already told the guest that they would get a full refund upon cancellation.   I contact support via the app on my computer and was able to get help to resolve the issue.  

To submit a ticket without calling, go to the Help Center in the Airbnb application on your computer, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.  There should be a button on the bottom right of your screen called "contact us".  You can submit a help ticket there without having to call them.

Good luck & happy hosting!

All the best,

Jennifer

Thanks, Jennifer - I found it and the issue is resolved. Yay!

Armeni
Airbnb Staff
Airbnb Staff
SF, CA

Hello,

You can use this link to contact support. Once the chat opens, request to speak to an agent and you will be given the option to message or call an agent with wait times. 

Wonderful! Thanks!