I didn't get invited to apply for a grant. Did ANYONE here?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I didn't get invited to apply for a grant. Did ANYONE here?

I actually thought I'd get the invite but ...NOPE. 

I have 1 listing, I've been a superhost basically since I started in 3/17. I have 410 five star reviews. I've brought at least 100 people to the platform as first time users. I have repeat guests who have been here up to 9 times. 

I lost at least $5k and was refunded $224 by airbnb. That was supposed to be 25% but doesn't come close to that amount in reality. 

My bookings are picking back up now. I have 15 so far in may. That's better than the ZERO I had in april. 

I want to know if ANYONE got an invite and of those people did ANYONE actually get any money from airbnb?

3 Replies 3
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Some did, @Donald28, but not too many who I know. The date (for invites) has been pushed back to the end of May, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Glad to hear you've got some business coming your way.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

If airbnb wasn't the ONLY STR platform that consistently gets me bookings, I'd be gone because of the way they've treated us hosts. We are the sole reason they are able to even have a business in the first place. How can they shart on us like this? 

William1280
Level 2
New York, NY

The Super Host relief is $17M, which means 3,400 invites. I have been a Super Host for 4 years, hosting since 2011. All my guests have cancelled through June. Also, the payout I received was not exactly 25%. I have always been a fan-not anymore. I am with anyone that wishes to start a class action lawsuit. Stay safe.