I have a reservation for a daughter. The mother is setting up her profile and was asked for a picture. Should the picture and reservation be about the daughter?

Josie146
Level 1
Silverton, OR

I have a reservation for a daughter. The mother is setting up her profile and was asked for a picture. Should the picture and reservation be about the daughter?

Mother making reservation for adult daughter identification should be of mother or her daughter??

8 Replies 8
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Josie146 This would be a third party booking.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/427/booking-for-friends-and-family

Why does an adult need her mom to make her booking for her? Just no. She can make her own profile and book herself. 

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

Unless they are a business account (AirBNB for Work) that has already been vetted and approved by AirBNB, the person who is actually staying must book the accommodation. 

Josie146
Level 1
Silverton, OR

Thanks all. The mother says her daughter has had an Airbnb account for years. I keep telling her that then her daughter needs to make the reservation. 
her mother wants to pay for it and that’s why the mother is trying to figure how to download her ID. 
Moms frustrated-I told her the guest is the one who has to have the ID. Not sure how a 3 rd party pays for someone. 

@Josie146  How it gets paid for isn't any of your concern. That's between the mother and daughter to work out. It doesn't seem like anything insurmountable. Why doesn't she just give her daughter the $ to pay for it? 

Possible the daughter has bad credit or even bad reviews. Be a bit wary with this one.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I have quite a few of these over the years, usually because the parents wanted to surprise their kids and book them as a wedding present.  It also comes up with a sale in an auction. And also with booking agents. They all have worked out very smoothly.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Some researches finds, that  60-65% of millennials, defined as adults under the age of 30, don't have any credit or debit cards. And this is a "western world" statistic. In some countries (like where I live), they are probably 80%. I don't like them also. One card per family is something absolutely normal. And this card is used for everything- online shopping, reservations. etc.

Of course, there is a problem with the third party reservations. If your guests are mostly young people, you will face this problem constantly.

@Dimitar27  Actually millennials are defined as ages 25- 40.

I've had plenty of guests in that age range. They all had valid credit cards. But I realize that may not be common in some countries.

Paula1025
Level 2
Berthoud, CO

The daughter can book and use her mom's credit card to pay for it.