I made a Coffee Table

Holland6
Level 5
Burin, Canada

I made a Coffee Table

I made a coffee table, from centre pieces of a dining room table, 

GORGEOUS.IMG_0664.jpeg71797489829__B317DFAA-DFCF-4C93-853C-40D8567BD804.jpegIMG_0665.jpeg

one step at a time, safe winter ya,ll.

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

Stay safe,
Lean into the wind gently
14 Replies 14
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

This looks so great @Holland6 😍!!! What inspired you to create this coffee table? 

Is this your first time or you've been designing and creating such amazing woodwork from time to time?

we would love to hear and see more of your work!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

This is my first, project, and I can tell you I will have my eyes open for similar pieces. but! This is something I always wanted to do. Because it is important to have a nice coffee table, for yourself and piece of mind, plus to entertain others, 

you know how nice it is to eat at the dinner table, now that same quality will be before you, as you sit at couch with a coffee, t.v. , or whatever you have on the go. 
very comfortable to sit with.✔️

here’s a pic, of the workbench / craft table / laundry table, that I made, .in my entrance.

you really like my touch?

IMG_0511.jpegIMG_0513.jpegIMG_0539.jpegIMG_0565.jpegIMG_0538.jpegIMG_0555.jpeg

Stay safe,

I’ve done my whole place, in this form of woodwork, I should do a video walk through. I like my work, .

I boxed in my electrical box in same style.IMG_0543.jpegIMG_0542.jpeg71703797259__08EB51FF-B2DB-44E8-B5C5-21D58945D48B.jpegIMG_0500.jpegIMG_0478.jpegIMG_0479.jpegIMG_0480.jpeg

Stay safe,
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Curious what's the connection between your woodwork and a community for those hosting on Airbnb @Holland6 

Sorry  was just sharing what I believe to be a beautiful coffee table and someone asked to see what else I have done, but I guess you could say inspiration, but you’re right, I will tailor my communication within community, 

Thank you, for your input, ✔️

Stay safe,

It's beautiful! However, I would paint it white and maybe the legs gold or something like this to make it look more expensive

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Holland6 Great woodwork, a piece of creative art and furniture that has been recycled from your dining table into a coffee table. Your woodwork is showing what other hosts could gain for a tick in the box for the Sustainable Badge that Hosts are waiting for Airbnb to administration to implement. This is one way for Airbnb can be competative with other STRA's

To me, @Helen3 seeing @Holland6 woodwork is part of the CC Forum as it is showing other Airbnb Hosts about recycling, especially as it is in the Community Cafe with a hand made coffee table.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks for the alternative prospective @Laurelle3 

I'm not saying repurposing is not a good thing - I have many items in my house that I've restored/upcycled .

I was just curious as to why a guest would choose to use a platform about Airbnb to post photos of his  furniture project. 

❤️✔️

using the materials you have just within eyes view, I find, can add to comfort, and mental wellbeing. It offers a nice welcoming, if implemented with thoughtfulness,,,,The personal touch.

thank you.

Stay safe,

Great work @Holland6  😊 are you planning to paint it or just an aesthetic wooden vibe?

@James3814 What you see is what you get, the top of the coffee table is constructed of the two centre pieces of a high end , my guess is oak, dining room table.

that give a superior form of comfort and class, with a morning coffee.

i sanded it down to the wood, ( took two days ) and gave it a clear coat of, outside grade poly.

It vibrates, and liberates.

I also know that there is a lot of people out there, that always wanted to do this, oh ya, the centre pieces, 

nice wood.

and I - was - one of them.

😉

IMG_0667.jpegIMG_0668.jpeg

Stay safe,

That's awesome @Holland6 ! Sounds like you had a blast sanding down that table. The clear coat gives it a beautiful shine. I'm a bit jealous, I've always wanted to try my hand at woodworking. Maybe I'll give it a shot someday. Keep up the great work!

Looks amazing @Holland6  It's just like you bought in as store. 

In a store!!!!!!! This is priceless.
The centre pieces of dining room table, in a store, LOL.

haven't you always wanted to do something with those pieces.

like make coffee table. 

but thanks , it is amazing.

do you have a dining room table, or know someone that does, just saying.

tempting A. ✔️

Stay safe,