I need to switch a guest from one of my cottages to another .. what should I do?

Jim1434
Level 1
Belton, TX

I need to switch a guest from one of my cottages to another .. what should I do?

Anyone know how I can switch a guest to a different cottage so that another guest can rent it to another longer term guest 

5 Replies 5
Jim1434
Level 1
Belton, TX

Didn’t come out right .. just need to move a confirmed guest to another cottage opening that one up for another long term guest .. the other cottage is open for the same two nights so would be easy switch but don’t know how to do that in the system 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jim1434 

Did you try the "change" option in the reservation ?

If price difference: you can amend the price in the change form.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jim1434 Do you have the other property listed on Airbnb? If so, you can go to details-change reservation-choose the other property. The guest would have to agree to the change so you may want to give heads up in advance

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Jim1434 I wouldn't even get the 'system' involved, if it the same amount and everyone is getting their proper share, I don't think the 'system' cares one way or another.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jim1434  I assume the guest is amenable to being switched to another cottage? You can't just switch bookings around unless the guest agrees. If all your cottages are exactly the same, I can't see any reason a guest would object, but if they aren't, the guest may want to stay in the one they booked.