I noticed, if I log on as a traveler, the reviews are not in chronological order. My latest reviews are not first. This is true with other listings in my area.

Lorraine395
Level 2
Panamá, Panama

I noticed, if I log on as a traveler, the reviews are not in chronological order. My latest reviews are not first. This is true with other listings in my area.

I have contacted airbnb and they do not know about the problem.  I suggest you all contact airbnb so they can fix it.

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lorraine395  It isn't a problem to be fixed. This is how it works.

The reviews are not in chronological order on your listing. Reviews from guests from your designated country and language are shown first, others after. They do appear in chronological order on your profile. 

So in your case, if you are searching incognito, from Panama, as a traveler, the reviews from Panamanian guests and those in Spanish will be first, the others after. If you were up in the US and doing an incognito search, the algorithm would pick up a US IP address and show the reviews in English first.

Lorraine395
Level 2
Panamá, Panama

I have a VPN which puts me in USA.  And most people do.  I checked the other listings.  Spanish and locals are not first. So this should be changed.  

@Lorraine395  If you use a VPN that puts you in the US, you will see the reviews in English first, as would other US users. Users whose accounts are from Spanish-speaking countries will see the reviews that are in Spanish first. 

I just turned off my VPN, which would put me in Panama.  It made no difference.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lorraine395 

Reviews on listings are not in chronologial order, as explained above.

So there is nothing to be "fixed".

If you want something to be changed, you can use Airbnb Feedback