I would like help. Airbnb have paused my Listing

Benjamin410
Level 2
Salford, United Kingdom

I would like help. Airbnb have paused my Listing

Airbnb have paused my Listing

Why I have no idea.

I have wrote to Airbnb the following letter and I simply not gotten any response.

Any suggestions from Anyone what I am to do.

I have spent over one million pounds making a most beautiful Airbnb and we are fully booked every weekend with excellent reviews.

I would appreciate advice what am I to do.

here is the letter I wrote.

Dear Superhost Support

I have spent over a million pounds in creating our Riverside Villa 3 exclusively to partner with Airbnb. Since we established our place we have hosted hundreds of Guests. We are I believe the most successful Airbnb in Manchester as we are busy every single Weekend and many times during the Week. The Reviews are amazing. We are rated as SuperHost.

But as you know at Airbnb nothing comes without challenges. And sometimes with all the efforts we do to make security checks and with the very substantial amount we charge for damage security deposits. There is going to be someone who is "Bad Guy" that will sneak through. It is inevitable. I have been in the business 25 years and I started long before Airbnb was heard of in the USA. I have cases but persisted and Succeed.

We are in this together as Partners and we should be working together. I am now told you have delisted our Riverside Villa 3 for Safety Reasons. You do not disclose the Safety Reasons so we can work together to take care of this. You just tell you have paused our Listings until further notice - See Letter Below from Jayden in Safety Team, Community.

It is now 14 days have passed that we have been delisted. It is not fair we have put in so much love and care on our side to create a most beautiful Airbnb we expect that you as Partner would work together with us and communicate with us.

I would like if you can advise me if there is anyway I could get the attention of Mr. Chesky I am a big fan of his and this is a terrible disappointment.

Please have someone from the Safety Team or Community Support or Jayden

Yours sincerely,

@Benjamin410 

This is the letter I received from Airbnb

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

9 Replies 9
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

They never tell you the reason, never discuss how the mess began. I was once suspended and reinstated, no reason given. Persist.  Other hosts may have more concrete advice. It's a shame that other platforms don't perform as well in getting the bookings but I'd try diversifying if you haven't already.  

Robin925
Level 5
Albuquerque, NM

Did you have any Covid positive guests at this location? Airbnb seems to be delisting bookings during a wave of Covid, and it seems this may be due to them being overwhelmed with "Safety" concerns. If you mentioned this or if a guest mentioned it that could be the reason.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Perhaps it's because some of the low ratings you have had from guests for quite a few of your listings or perhaps some of your guests objected to you asking for a cash deposit outside of Airbnb's T&Cs @Benjamin410 ?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Benjamin410  You collect cash deposits on arrival but don't mention that anywhere on the listing. Don't know if that's the reason for this suspension, but that will get you suspended, for sure. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Regardless of reason, they need to inform host. Is that too much to ask?

@Sandra126  Yes, it's truly insane that they refuse to tell hosts why they have been suspended. It's like being arrested and thrown in jail without being told what you are charged with.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Sarah977 yes, and you don't know what the sentence is. Is it life? Seven days? Kangaroo court.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Benjamin410,

I'm really sorry to hear about that situation. I have asked the Support team about your case and they told me it's still open. The responsible team is currently working on it, so nothing is final yet and hopefully you'll receive an update soon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Liv

Mairi16
Level 2
Portree, United Kingdom

I’m going to try and be brief, up till 2019 all my dealings with Airbnb were fantastic, very busy with lots of bookings, I was a Superhost several levels, all was well. Then Covid hit, I’d a number of bookings but they all cancelled ( quite rightly so ) bar one, I’ll get back to that one. 2 years of just being able to keep the roof over our heads I let rooms in my home so anyone trepsing through the house was off the cards as we had shared areas. Roll on 2022 rooms decorated full of enthusiasm bookings rolling and we are full of optimism. 1st glitch as it’s the 1st time opening since Covid I’ve lost my superhost status, fed up but I’ve great reviews so hoping this will carry me through. 2nd glitch after 1st overnight stay £38 deducted from payment. Remember the last guest who would not cancel well he thought Airbnb had already paid me for his booking, we don’t get paid until after 1st night of stay so I cancelled we were in lockdown and for this cancellation I got penalised £38 off next payment. 3rd glitz my husband and I got Covid, we immediately contacted all our guests who  sympathised and cancelled .. bar one after sending messages over 3 days eventual we reached out to Airbnb to cancel this booking, meanwhile out of the blue she responds and cancels and then Airbnb pauses our listings for 21 days. We had no intention of taking any guests until we were well in the clear, my background is healthcare and I know better than Airbnb the importance of this. If this guest had responded to my request immediately, Airbnb would have been none the wiser but I’m now being penalised for doing the right thing. So to summarise, I lost my Superhost, I’ve lost a full payment and my account has been paused so I can’t take any bookings. All the time I’m thinking I’m the one making you guys money and you are treating me like rubbish. Get your robots out of the way and get real people back on the desk.. and by the way since this kicked off over a week ago my husband and I have tested negative, we no longer have Covid.