ID requirement Waive

ID requirement Waive

Hi, I want to book an apartment with a host that I have stayed with before along with my sister. The host has agreed to waive the ID requirement given as she already has my temporary resident permit issued by the Hungarian government when I came here from fleeing the war in Ukraine. However, the air BnB platform is still asking for me to upload my ID which I don't currently have as I'm renewing my passport and it's going to take a while to get. However, the host has agreed to waive the requirement and I understand that this is a "May" requirement from" air BnB. Given the situation, I believe that the "May" requirement can be waved. 

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Onyibe0   It is not always the Host that requires the ID, sometimes Airbnb require it as well.  The following link will give you more information on what you can use to achieve this as there are alternatives to using a passport.   

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1237/verifying-your-identity

Hi @Kate867  Thanks for the response, I understand that air BnB "May" request for ID. I hoping that given the situation since I have already stayed with the host in the past and already has my ID the "May" requirement could be waived.