In which case the host will pay cancellation fees?

Answered!
Aya1553
Level 2
Fes, MA

In which case the host will pay cancellation fees?

I can't find a section explaining the host cancellation procedure!! In which case the host will pay cancellation fees?
If you are wondering about my Cancellation Policy, the option I have is “Flexible or Non-refundable NEW: In addition to Flexible, offer a non-refundable option—guests pay 10% less, but you keep your payout no matter when they cancel”
Why I’m posting this? It’s because Recently, I had to cancel 4 reservations in the end of December and the impact of this was huge and I wasn’t aware of that:
- My Super Host Flag was removed,
- As a Host, I have to pay Airbnb the total Amount of all canceled Instant Bookings in December,
- We have not received any payouts for the nights booked and our activity in January,
- Automatic Reviews posted by Airbnb under my profile “The host canceled this reservation X days before arrival. This is an automated posting.”
Please add a page explaining the impact of canceling any booking to all hosts because the situation is very disappointed.

1 Best Answer
4 Replies 4

Thanks @Emilia42 , this is very helpful 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Aya1553 

Airbnb Help which @Emilia42  kindly sign posted you to, is good for all the basics around managing your Airbnb.

When as a host you go to cancel a booking, it does flag up what the penalties are and asks you at least once, and maybe twice whether you want to go ahead with the cancellation.

Airbnb of course takes host cancellation seriously as it impacts on the reputation of the company and of course the guest experience.

Why did you need to cancel four bookings at short notice? If it might be covered by Airbnb's Extenuating Circumstances policy it could be covered by that.

It wasn't clear enough for me @Helen3  but it's ok now, I clarified the situation with support team.