International travelers

Erwin111
Level 1
Tampa, FL

International travelers

How are host handling requests from international travelers? I am concerned with hosting with the spread of the coronavirus.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Erwin111  International is no longer the pertinent concern- there are an increasing number of cases in the US now, too. It's pandemic. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>How are host handling requests from international travelers? I am concerned with hosting with the spread of the coronavirus<<

Just like before, @Erwin111, assuming you're not going to impose a blanket-ban on international tourists? If it concerns you that much, you have the option of snoozing your listing until 'it goes away'. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

All travellers wherever they are from are welcome in my home. @Erwin111 

I know those who are at high levels of risk are restricted in their travel. I also know that there is a pandemic and that it has now spread worldwide in countries including US, Canada and in Europe.

I don't want to discriminate based on where someone is from so will accept all.

I am following WHO guidance such as always using antiseptic gel and using tissues.

Host need to decide on an individual basis how they want to handle things. If you have health concerns, that make you uncomfortable with accepting bookings, then snooze your listing. You can talk to Airbnb about cancelling visitors but if the cancellation doesn't fall within their EC policy for the virus you will incur penalties.