Is This Fair?

Tusibwene0
Level 2
United Arab Emirates

Is This Fair?

In September 2019 I booked a stay at an Airbnb. After communicating with the co-host, and letting them know we would be two guests, I was advised to adjust the the booking and indicate the same, which I did. My debit card was then charged, we went for our two night stay and that was that. A YEAR LATER, Airbnb gets in touch claiming that the payment was not complete and that they would like to collect the balance.. does this happen often?

I have, for a month now, been bombarded with emails from the finance department letting me know that I face my account being suspended if I do not make the payment. I asked for a call-back from the Resolution Team but have received nondescript excuses as to why they cannot call me back. I called and was promised resolution which wound up being given the same message in writing: pay up.

I ask, is this fair? 

Tusibwene

(Super Host/Guest)

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tusibwene0  They've done that to hosts, too. Refunded a guest without notifying the host, then suddenly claw the money back a year later.

Do you have bank records that show you paid what appeared on your reservation as the total charge? Is it possible that when you added the extra guest, that didn't get charged at the time?

You could try contacting them on their Twitter account. Said to garner better responses. Worth a try.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You say your card was charged so just show Airbnb a copy of your statement showing the payment wen through @Tusibwene0 

If on checking you find there was an error and  the payment didn't go through - what's the issue? Just pay it. 

if you haven't paid for your stay of course it's fair that you should pay