Italy closed the entry for Ukrainians

Артём3
Level 2
Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine

Italy closed the entry for Ukrainians

I booked an apartment in Rome, I am a citizen of Ukraine, on December 15, Italy closed the entrance for tourists from Ukraine, I cannot return the full rental price, but only 50%, Airbnb support is not responding, the owner of the apartment also does not answer, where should I go? it's not my fault that Italy closed the entrance to all tourists from Ukraine!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Артём3 

If  it is related to COVID-19:

The COVID extenuating circumstances cancellation policy does not cover not being able to travel because of restrictions and/or governement mandates related to COVID-19

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid1...

It means the "normal" cancellation policy attached to the listing applies.

BTW

If not related to COVID it is IMO an extenuating cisrumstance:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/extenuating-circumstances-policy

section "Government travel restrictions."

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Артём3  It isn't your fault, nor is it the host's fault. As Emiel points out, only very specific travel disruptions are covered for full refunds. This is why people purchase travel insurance to reimburse them if plans fall through.

@Артём3 Travel restrictions related to Covid have become so common that they're no longer considered extraordinary circumstances, so it's important to either book places with flexible cancelation or choose a travel insurance policy that covers trip disruptions.

You might just have to accept the loss on this one, but if the listing has dates available further into the future, you can try requesting a date change in hopes that travel from Ukraine to Italy will re-open at some point next year. It's entirely up to the host whether they want to grant a special exception to the policy that you booked under, so it helps to come across as someone who it would be a delight to host. That's basically impossible if there's any drama about refunds.