Lack of covid refunds

Sean14
Level 5
Northampton, United Kingdom

Lack of covid refunds

Airbnb recently announced they would give hosts back 25% of their covid cancellations.  I had four or five but have only been refunded for one. What's worse,  I can no longer see the cancelled ones on my reservations dashboard.  Am I imagining this? 

2 Replies 2
Lila-And-Shawn0
Level 2
Portland, OR

I had thousands of dollars in covid cancellations, airbnb gave me $12.85! $12.85!!! I wish they had just kept it! 

$250,000,000 divided by 7,000,000 hosts! The math does not add up! 

Don't expect airbnb to worry about anyone but airbnb! Not hosts not guest just their bottom line! Than they use their "generosity" for a whole ad campaign! 

I'm about done with airbnb!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sean14 Was your cancellation policy 'strict', 'moderate' or 'flexible'? 

From the moment this Covid-19 compensation was announced it was always only 25% OF YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY. So, if you had 'strict' you would expect 25% of 50% = 12.5% of your normal payout, had the guest stayed. If you had 'moderate', you would only receive 25% of the first night + 25% of 50% of subsequent nights IF the cancellation was within 5 days of check in. For reservations cancelled more than 5 days before the stay, normal moderate policy = no refund, therefore hosts get 25% of nothing = nothing.

I can still see cancelled reservations on my dashboard, under the 'cancelled' tab.

Dashboard > Reservations > Cancelled