Which holiday let insurer do you UK hosts use?

Which holiday let insurer do you UK hosts use?

I got a quote from my current insurer today which has jumped up quite a bit from last year, and was wondering what other insurers are there apart from i4me? There doesn't seem to be many who provides cover for holiday lets. Who do you guys use? Any other insurers and info would be greatly appreciated. 

7 Replies 7
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Bobbiecool0 

Have you tried looking through the search box here in CC using related keywords?

There should be some useful information tucked away there from others in the UK.

When you see someone's name who is based in the UK maybe look up to see if they have discussed it in the past.

Alternatively 

@Huma0 @Helen3 @Helen350 @Mike-And-Helen0 @Yadira22 

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0and others who are based in the UK who are regulars here in CC may be able to assist you.

All the best

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Helen427 - Huma0, Helen3 & myself all home share, so our situations are different from hosts who let an entire place. 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Bobbiecool0  there are about ten insurance providers that do insurance for STR that I have come across.

If you do a Google search they should come up and you can find one that suits your type of listing or contact an insurance broker and ask them to look for you.

By the way if you are a host...why do you have a blank profile with no listing?

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

I originally joined using my google account thinking I can add my listing profile, which unfortunately  I can’t. Then I realised I just go to community via the app and it logs me in as my Airbnb profile, Robbie54, but as from yesterday the community link has disappeared from the app on my tablet, so I cannot log in on my tablet, only on my phone.. Very odd it’s missing. 

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi

We use Towergate. Have been for five years with no issues.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bobbiecool0 

We use JL Morris to broker our insurance. They seem to get good prices. You can contact them via ** as they are working from home at present

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Fiona596
Level 2
Lower Largo, United Kingdom

Please Avoid I4me!  I have had a horrendous time This year dealing with them for a claim. Rude, unhelpful staff and non existent communication.