Lack of response from Airbnb

Susan_Dave0
Level 2
Monument, CO

Lack of response from Airbnb

I had a request on a Saturday night just before this Labor Day weekend for Sunday check in.  When i went to review and either accept/decline, I did not have the functionality to do either on the Airbnb app..  Airbnb had a note that their account was being held for confirmation on guest verifications.  I found this odd because they had at least 3 verifications and now have 4, AND have stayed at other locations as guests before.  The Airbnb message to me is that it would resolved in 9 hours, it was not.  Finally their customer service contacted me  and they couldn't go in on the back end and approve the guests.  By that time I had vetted the potential guests and wanted to accept them.  Mean time, Airbnb blocked my calendar from anyone else being able to book.   It was over 24 hours this took to resolve which means I had the capability to accept the guests.  By that time, it was too late, as it was late that Sunday night so they made other arrangements.  I lost over $732 AND they hadn't unblocked my calendar until the Tuesday after Labor Day which completely negated any additional opportunity over a busy weekend..  This situation has never happened in my 4 years of hosting...Then I proceeded to have a "Customer Service Ambassador" named April that supposedly tried calling me, said she left voicemail and marked it urgent.  That never occurred, no 'missed call, no voice mail'~by the time she jerked me around, the final message is that she was gone for the day on EST.  Just infuriating!  You used to be able to call Airbnb and get resolution but now their customer service is absolutely worthless.    I will keep being the squeaky wheel, anyone else experience this?

Thanks! 

1 Reply 1
Vivian860
Level 5
Richmond, ME

i have not experienced this but do know that i will have to take care of things on my own when it comes to airbnb. airbnb WILL NOT help hosts out with anything. they are a company that wants to sit back and collect money and we just need to shut up and take it. I hope things get better for you. Good Luck!