Recording online experiences question

Answered!
Monica1714
Level 2
Wyoming, United States

Recording online experiences question

Does zoom automatically record the online experience? If so, is there any way to get the recording after the session? I arranged an online experience for a terminally ill person through my account. He loved it so much he asked if there was a video of it...

Top Answer

@Monica1714 

I think you'd have to check with the experience host to see if they recorded that specific session - the host can record if they want, and if a participant wants to record, they need permission from the Zoom host. My understanding is that Zoom sessions are not recorded automatically - someone has to click"record". 

Hope this helps~ 😃

7 Replies 7
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Monica1714 and welcome to ABB CC from a fellow Host across the miles in Auckland, New Zealand.

What a delightful and caring thing to do for a person who has the same rights & needs as others.

I'm sure that@Ann72 @Cathie19 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Liv 

@Nick @Katie who are more IT whizz antique children than myself can help answer your question@Monica1714

Take care and it's great to see someone else compassionate in these challenging times we live in
Thanks in advance

Thank you, it is great that Airbnb has these online experiences, and I so hope that they thought to have a record feature...

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

What was the experience? I have no help to offer, but just curious.

@Sandra126  It was a tour of the place he grew up in Rio: experiences/1670854

@Monica1714 

I think you'd have to check with the experience host to see if they recorded that specific session - the host can record if they want, and if a participant wants to record, they need permission from the Zoom host. My understanding is that Zoom sessions are not recorded automatically - someone has to click"record". 

Hope this helps~ 😃

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Monica1714, welcome to the Community Center, and what a lovely thing to do 😊

@Jessica-and-Henry0 is right here - you have to specifically opt to record on Zoom, so your best bet is to get in touch with the Experience host.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Please let us know if they did record it @Monica1714 , here's hoping.

If not maybe you can ask if the Host can do it again at a negotiated rate as it can only be a win win for you all, subject to the current status of the terminally ill person.

It's hearing about treasured moments like this that others who are & care for terminally ill will appreciate learning exist to partake in and have a life lasting memory.

Make sure you keep a back up copy.