Last 2 bookings = verification required

Andrew-and-Yvonne0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Last 2 bookings = verification required

Hi 

Saturday I had a booking on the same day it stated Verification pending. I rang Airbnb and asked them to cancel the booking as I a guest who wanted to book. They could not cancel the booking so I lost monies for a night as they needed 12 hours to verify. Then today someone else books for tomorrow however this time it is with a guests whom has booked Airbnb with reviews in the past. They have 6 verifications but alas my calendar is blocked again with the same issue. Pending verification. Anyone had this issue?

2 Replies 2
Andrew-and-Yvonne0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Well the guest concerned rebooked under a new account. It is is odd Airbnb ask for verification from a guest whom has already stayed at Airbnb properties and has 6 verifications inc Government and selfie ID.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

We currently have 11 nights blocked awaiting something from the potential guest. I prefer that Airbnb do this rather than risk the guest, for example,  arriving on a fraudulent credit card.

If I hadn't looked at my calendar I would never have known so I am relaxed as long as the dates are confirmed/released by tomorrow.