fraud and how to resolve it

Answered!
Rob7445
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

fraud and how to resolve it

Hi, I have been using airbnb happily for ten years, now this time I have a problem and been trying to get help from help centre for six days but they say they will contact but dont.  
Does any one know how I bring a case of fraud against airbnb?  any lawyers with experience?  

With thanks,  Rob

1 Best Answer

Hi @Rob7445

You have a long and excellent track record as a guest so whatever your claim is, I'm sure this is not a course of action you would be taking lightly or pursuing without good reason.

I don't know if you're currently in The Hague (which is showing on your profile) but if you are, there are a number of law firms and consumer organisations in the Netherlands currently processing 30000+ claims against Airbnb (mostly under the "serving two gentlemen" laws) While your own issue does sound like it may be in relation to something else entirely, all the lawyers and firms mentioned below will already be very familiar with Airbnb’s terms and legal processes, so any of them should be able to assist and advise.

Max Darley -  De Proceederwinkel 

Nicolaas Huppes - Twee Heren BV 

Martijn van Hume - Onyx Advocaaten

Frank Oostrum - Appeal (in collaboration with Consumentenclaim - Elspeth Roos) 

Thomas Wildenbeest - FlexlEbel

Consumentenbond (consumer rights org) 

Also Esther Sprenkeling of Loos and Boukema in Amsterdam has been involved with a company taking both host and guest claims to Airbnb since 2018, with some degree of success, I believe. (Not sure if Esther is still personally involved herself, but if not, I'm sure she could point you in the right direction)

Best of luck to you. 

Penelope

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Difficult to comment as you haven’t said what the issue is? What do you mean by ‘fraud’. @Rob7445 

If it’s a dispute regarding the Guarantee you csn pay a few hundred dollars for it to go arbitration which you get back if your case is successful 

Rather than waiting  for them to contact you. Call them and be prepared to wait as they are busy. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rob7445 You can also go to the small claims court (I assume it exists in Holland). Probably cheaper than arbitration.

I am fairly sure you can only claim losses. If you want Airbnb prosecuted for fraud then its a criminal case and you would have to persuade the police to do so.

Hi @Rob7445

You have a long and excellent track record as a guest so whatever your claim is, I'm sure this is not a course of action you would be taking lightly or pursuing without good reason.

I don't know if you're currently in The Hague (which is showing on your profile) but if you are, there are a number of law firms and consumer organisations in the Netherlands currently processing 30000+ claims against Airbnb (mostly under the "serving two gentlemen" laws) While your own issue does sound like it may be in relation to something else entirely, all the lawyers and firms mentioned below will already be very familiar with Airbnb’s terms and legal processes, so any of them should be able to assist and advise.

Max Darley -  De Proceederwinkel 

Nicolaas Huppes - Twee Heren BV 

Martijn van Hume - Onyx Advocaaten

Frank Oostrum - Appeal (in collaboration with Consumentenclaim - Elspeth Roos) 

Thomas Wildenbeest - FlexlEbel

Consumentenbond (consumer rights org) 

Also Esther Sprenkeling of Loos and Boukema in Amsterdam has been involved with a company taking both host and guest claims to Airbnb since 2018, with some degree of success, I believe. (Not sure if Esther is still personally involved herself, but if not, I'm sure she could point you in the right direction)

Best of luck to you. 

Penelope
Rob7445
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Dear Penelope, Mike and Helen, 
Thank you - you are very kind.  THe matter is resolved - a guy was taking a chance and gave other accommodation, very bad and potentially dangerous.  it seems airbnb is over streetched, with covid, so did not hear from them in a week.  but sorted now and no one else will have the same problem with this landlord.  
But thank you!  you helped when even the company could not - that is community.  I hope to repay it one day.  Best wishes,  Rob