Location Reviews - I got one removed!!

Cheryl766
Level 2
Bridge of Don, United Kingdom

Location Reviews - I got one removed!!

So in case you missed my original post, about my opinion on location reviews, here it is; https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/location/m-p/1501494#M329688

A lot of people agreed with me that this feature should be removed and @Anonymous  sent me this link (showing the ACTUAL meaning of this feature); https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Making-reviews-more-fair-for-hosts/td-p/958608 

Well, I contacted Airbnb, sent them the above link, had a moan about about someone who took me down a star because I wasn't "exactly in the city center" and tadaaaaa they removed the review!! As I see it, so long as your location is accurately described on your listing, they can do this for you.

I am currently putting up a fight (for all of us) that Airbnb need to be clearer with guests what this feature  actually means because in my opinion, Airbnb are misleading folks... check the below image taken from my own listing as an example: "90% of guests rated this location as 5-star" - I mean, that statement gives the impression that guests are to review the location as the area, no?

I'm finding it very hard talking to Airbnb. I found an email in their privacy terms section teams@airbnb.com - they reply fast but in my experience don't read the emails in full and respond with something completely irrelevant. After between 10 and 20 emails, I gave up.

I have left "feedback" (shot below) as advised 3 times and I have been ignored on every occasion. I had a 20 minute phone call where I detailed my complaint with someone who, quote, claimed to be "kind of a manager" then they got off the call and did absolutely nothing which meant I had to call back a week later and go through the process again. Luckily my calls are recorded but again, no one will tell me where to send the recording to so I can raise a complaint about this call handler. I tried the message center but the person I was talking to ended the chat after me telling her I need further assistance. I'm now talking to someone else who has advised me to leave feedback!!

I am not finding the support team the greatest; in fact, in my opinion it's one of the worst I've come across. Three guys set up Airbnb and the purpose was a couple of blow up beds on  the floor to help folks out and pay their rent... I am feeling like this sense of being there for each other is gone. Perhaps the priority lies in Airbnb Luxe....

Screenshot_20210912-083326_Airbnb~2.jpg Screenshot 2021-09-10 09.12.59.png

@Brian 

0 Replies 0