Long term rental

Long term rental

Dear community members ,

I need your suggestions.  I am about to make a long term rental contract with a host. The host claims she is currently living in another country A and she is willing rent her place in country B. I am interested to rent her place in country B. In order to carry out these transactions she has refered to Airbnb long term rental option.  The deal is , she will send me a link to reserve the property on Airbnb by paying Kaution + one months rent upfront , then she will send the rental agreement + key with Airbnb agent for me to inspect and sign the contract . But the time period between me sending the money and the conclusion of the contract takes about three to four business days. Given this time period I am feeling little on confidence as to how to trust the host ? How to make sure it's not a scam. The Airbnb long term rental says the money will be sent to her within 24hours of check in post reservation , but how does air BNB authenticate that I have gone through the contract or i have actually checked in ?  How can make sure it's not a scam . Please suggest.

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Biddappa0 ITS A SCAM. Run a mile - don't deal with this person. This is a well known scam

Thank you . I had my doubts . Anyway can we make sure that I this person is actually a host. I have the contact number and name .

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Run like your life depended on it, @Biddappa0. Doesn't really matter if they're a host or not, does it?

It doesn't i thought I could flag the number in the community but not sure if the rules in the current country where I am living allows me do that . They pretty strict with data privacy and stuff so  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Biddappa0 They won't be a host. Scammers never use real names

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Biddappa0  link to "Airbnb" will not be to the real Airbnb but for a fake look-a-like website. It's a well-known scam