Airbnb shift to criminality

Marco3315
Level 1
Paphos, Cyprus

Airbnb shift to criminality

Since Airbnb has been in trouble for the pandemic, laid off staff (not keeping the good ones for sure), they have become every day more blackmailed by hosts who want to have more power than what already have in abusing and exploiting guests. Now Airbnb and their Hosts have the same goal : principles and rights are over, it's everything about getting as much money as possible.

Their attitude towards the guests has become the one of abusive cheaters. And as all the criminals, they have also the common goal of avoiding legal consequences. They are basically partners in crime.

They are becoming skilled in that.

They made unbelievable problems to allow me to cancel the reservation in a dangerous place, and they even got more money because I cancelled another reservation that I made to escape from here. I cancelled immediately, and despite they knew the reason and they were also responsible, they retained their fees. Just a pure theft.

I am waiting for an honest company to replace them , and lead them to fail, because any company can offer a better service just being honest and valuing their customers.

Shame on Airbnb.

1 Reply 1
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Marco3315 

I sorry if a bad situation happened to you (that you do not describe here).

but as a honest host, like 99.9% of the other host that publish their story and experience here in the CC, we have sometimes (many times) the feeling of being exploited by AirBNB and guest as well.

contrary to your believes, AirBNB does not with and in hand with the host.

we also have great difficulty to reach the customer services and the receive fair answers when charged extra fees from AIRBNB

Better luck to you on your futur travel and vacation 

Annie