Longer stay guests- Extra requirements

RhicDong0
Level 1
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Longer stay guests- Extra requirements

Hi everyone!  newbies in this forum…and i need some tips for longer stay.

got an upcoming guests from Sep1-23 (first time for us too).  what we want to know is how nany times we should change the beddings, and linens?  we charge one time cleaning fee.  thanks 

3 Replies 3
Shirlene4
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Hi,  I usually offer to clean it once a week and negotiate a time that's convenient to you both.   If they don't wish for me to clean the room,  I'll leave some cleaning products and show them where the fresh linen is.   I hope that helps

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

I am presently hosting a guest for 2 months. Prior

to pre-approving him, we agreed that I would start out with two sets of bed linen, towels/wash cloths, and bath mats. At the end of 2 weeks, he will give me the dirty ones in a laundry bag and I’ll replace the same. Broom, dustpan, vacuum, wet swifter, trash bags, and cleaning products are there for him to use and tidy-up. He preferred that I not enter unit and I honor that. Hope this helps. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@RhicDong0 unlike Gwen rhic , I make it clear to the guest , that a 'turnover/clean will take place once a week , at the guests convenience.This is a linen change , bathroom/ kitchen clean and vacumning and rubbish disposal . i like if possible to do this on rubbish collection day and thi s sets up the guest for the coming week . A small fee can also be asked for this service as we are not doing long term rents but more like serviced apartments . This has to be agreed and is a trust issue . Originally when I have done this the only mix up would be gusts own towels with ours . Yes guests travel with thier own towels, and also we provide laundry baskets into which guests would mix their own towels with ours . Generally though private possessions were removed . No one ever objected to coming back to clean linen , a clean kitchen and a clean bathroom , especially since they were working . Sometimes we would leave treats like biscuits or chocolate .It serves a double purpose , but mainly maintenance of your property .H