Maine 14 day quarantine

Maine 14 day quarantine

I have a late June cancelation due to Convid19. Elderly quests from Scotland can not fly in. I refunded the full reservation. Airbnb is not. I think Airbnb should refund their fees as well. Airbnb should not be in the business to taking advantage of old people who are scared and actually not allowed to come to Maine because Maine has a 14 day isolation quarantine for people come from out of state. 

3 Replies 3
Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Especially as they are tooting the horn about how caring they are whilst refunding the monies from the hosts and pocketing their own fees. Twitter seems to be the most useful way to get their attention- bad press is the last thing they need right now- is there a tweeter in your circle who could share this with the world?

@Valle-And-David0 

Unfortunately..... Airbnb usually never refunds their fees.

When Airbnb says "full refund" what they actually mean is "full refund MINUS FEES". 

It would be up to the guests to provide documentation and address the issue with Airbnb CS directly. As a host, I understand the frustration and wanting to help..... but it is something the guests need to handle themselves. Hosts getting involved might confuse guests into thinking hosts have some sort of way to *fix* this, when in reality there is nothing the host can do. It is Airbnb's decision and completely up to them. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Valle-And-David0 @Jessica-and-Henry0  It does actually say somewhere on the cancellation policy pages that it's a full refund minus fees. But it also says that guests can have service fees refunded 3 times a year. So the guests should ask Airbnb about this.