Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Many people can not sleep lying flat-advise more hosts offer a recliner.

Natalena0
Level 1
Plymouth, CT

Many people can not sleep lying flat-advise more hosts offer a recliner.

Many people who have various health issues can not lie flat on a bed. Consider advising hosts to offer a recliner where visitor can sleep on.

Also many people sleep with a fan on. Consider offering a small fan in the room.

3 Replies 3

@Natalena0 There are so many different kinds of disabilities and accessibility needs that people can have. Airbnb accounts for some of them in the Amenities search feature, which helps differently abled people find a suitable place to stay. If your particular disability is not accounted for, perhaps send Airbnb feedback that you'd like to see something like a modular /adjustable hospital-style bed added to the Accessibility amenities list.

If what you mean is a reclining chair, that's a dead end.  Chairs are not listed as sleeping surfaces, and proper sanitation would preclude hosts from offering sleepinf furniture that can't be fully covered with a washable fitted sheet at a minimum. Also, it would be unrealistic to expect anyone to buy special furniture for every possible sleeping disorder.

Room fans are a good idea, and already pretty common. Experienced hosts know that comfortable room temperatures are a must for positive reviews, so they tend to provide fans, A/C or heating when appropriate to the climate. 

Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

In addition to what Andrew posted above, I would also think that if someone absolutely needed a reclined seat to sleep, they would seek out an accommodation that specifically offered that.  I need white noise to sleep, so I have an app on my phone that I use when I travel - I don't expect someone else to provide it for me.  While it's a host's job to make sure their guests are safe, comfortable and well-tended to, it can't be their job to dream up the endless ways in which some guests may seek comfort.  

Tetiana12
Level 2
Stryi, Ukraine

I sleep in a recliner when I have bad nights. I don’t mind it, I sleep better.Sometime I just sleep there because it’s comfy ( I have one reviewed by https://thebestreclinersreviews.com/best-lane-recliners/ )