Middle of the night reservations

Jo715
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Middle of the night reservations

In the last week I’ve had two reservations made between 00 and 0200 hours from guests - expecting to arrive immediately - but on both occasions they’ve actually booked for the next night. The first one Airbnb ruled he could have a refund despite the guest admitting he made a mistake, and the second the guest has somehow been able to cancel despite it being less than 24 hours. 

Given the room is in my home I think this is beyond inconsiderate - do guests really think we operate a 24/7 arrival system and don’t sleep?  There’s no way I’d leave keys in my key safe and let someone self check in while I’m asleep.

But more why does Airbnb allow this? Should there not be warnings to say this is an out of hours booking? And why does it not flag to the guest that they are in fact trying to book the next day? 

15 Replies 15
Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Your safety comes first, @Jo715 @. Since you say that the advance settings only give you the option of same day, 1 day etc., why don't you do a workaround? You commented that
"Airbnb needs to clearly tell the guest that they cannot book a room after midnight for the same night".
Well, cut to the chase and YOU tell them by adding a line in your listing's "Guest access" or "Other things to note" - e.g.,:        'Please do not book a room after midnight for the same night as access will not be allowed'.
Let's see what Airbnb will do the next time. You should have a stronger case.