Misleading "email has expired" message

Misleading "email has expired" message

FAO Brian Chesky

Brian

I made a booking via Airbnb a few months ago.  I started a conversation with the host about local catering, all via Airbnb to which I logged in through my Google account.

When I tried to resume that conversation yesterday, Airbnb sent me a weird message claiming that the "email address had expired" and that it would not forward my message to the host.

I had to restart my Airbnb connection, but with the result that Airbnb then started bombarding me with messages to "confirm my booking" when I had already confirmed it months ago.

Two lengthy chats with Airbnb failed to elicit any good reason for the Airbnb message yesterday preventing me from reconnecting with the host.

Something isn't working between Airbnb and Google.  Please sort it.

Hamish Birchall
2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Hamish45 

You should be able to communicate  with the host via the Airbnb message system: Inbox

Thank you, Emiel1.  On this occasion I had already booked my stay via the host and we had exchanged many messages (me logged in via my Google account) about local catering.  After I had investigated these I returned to our thread to resume messaging, only to be sent this message from Airbnb (see below).  So I then reopened my contact with the host, again having logged in with my Google account, which triggered a slew of messages from Airbnb to "confirm your booking" - when I had already confirmed !  Those messages kept coming all day yesterday.  I raised it with Airbnb customer service and no one there could give me any good reason why Airbnb should claim that "the email address has expired", because it hadn't expired.

7287DCC0-581E-4879-A503-CA3DA8F6799B.PNG