Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Misleading

S132
Level 2
Syracuse, NY

Misleading

I’m truly annoyed with Airbnb and their services. They literally stole, yes stole money from me. Their policy about overlapping was not clear at all. I booked one place for December 27th check in at 3pm through December30 check out 11AM, then I booked another places December 30th check in 3PM though January 2nd. Both places had free cancellation which I did for reasons and Airbnb kept my service fee. They claim it’s overlapping even through the check out and check in did not overlap each other and that I should have read their policy. However, I did read their policy and overlapping by definition is when something is covering another thing. If my check out was at 3pm for the first place and check in was at 2pm for the other place then that’s overlapping and I’d respect my mistake. If I ordered the second place from a different account which clearly I should have done, but I didn’t think I would have been scammed by Airbnb’s misleading policy, nontheless if I did that then it’s not overlapping the over reservation, therefore why is it consider overlapping because I just used my account for both orders. Change the way you word your policy, it should say “unless the booking is on the same day”!. Also, Airbnb did not seem to want to help me with this and instead ignored my messages for hours then when they finally replied they closed the chat on me. So just a fair warning, Airbnb’s definition of overlapping is not literal, it’s their own scam to get any money they can from you. 

18 Replies 18

Hi @Emilia42 I noticed during Summer that Airbnb made some changes for hosts in Italy. If you scrool all the way down you can read about it.

https://getpaidforyourpad.com/blog/airbnb-cancellation-policy/

C1E133D8-4BCF-4395-858B-A9DBC3008B16.jpeg

This was the cancellation policy, full refund until December 25.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@S132 It seems that your policy isn't fully unfolded. You booked under the moderate cancellation policy. You can see it here :Screenshot_20201113_201810.jpgScreenshot_20201113_201703.jpg