Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Neil566
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Hi, I'm Neil from Malaysia. We're superhost for many years and recently since the 27th March and we havent received our payout until today. We were on paypal initially and received a message saying : ' Your payout method isn't available, likely because of regulations for this region. ' So we added a payment method. New payment method was verified 6days ago but still not payout. We have contacted the Airbnb Help but no concrete answer was given onto why is this happening and when will we receive our payout. It is frustrating because we have many ongoing and upcoming clients to serve with expenses to cover, and we have no clue if we ever going to receive our payouts! 

Would like to know what can we do about it and is this affecting only us or other members as well? 

48 Replies 48

Welcome to the club !

I have been waiting six weeks and uploaded already four payout methods from multiple countries in three people's names and they all got verified and still I got nothing.

My advice is you record all conversations with customer service and take screen shots of all correspondence you have with them.

If your debacle goes on for many weeks or months (as it most certainly can based on my and other hosts experiences) it is best to make a YouTube video to show the evidence and cause Airbnb bad publicity.

It is only by hurting their share price that we hosts have a shot of getting what is due to us.

Unless you enjoy being an obedient slave to corporate America...

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Wow I'm more convinced now than ever to cancel off all my hosting in Airbnb and put it elsewhere. We are entering the 4th week and we have no answers! Not even why is it happening and when will it resolved. We aren't sure if we will ever see the light at the end of the tunnel or its going to drag on with overhead expenses mounting more and more. 

Your case of 5months of unpaid host services is ridiculous!!!

If you refer to me it is not 5 months, it is 5 weeks.

My guests arrived on the 3rd March 2022 and stayed for 28 nights which means I should have gotten paid 5 weeks ago and seeing I uploaded four payout methods that all got verified and have team members on three countries and that not a single of these countries is under any sanctions there really is no excuse for glitches on this front.

I wasted around two and half hours of my life speaking to CS representative s on the phone and approximately four hours writing messages and corresponding with them.

Most of them are really nice people but that won't pay utility bills and salaries in a 400 square meter property will it... 

Thanks for your suggestion. We are considering to move our hosting business elsewhere. Which platform would you recommend? So glad to know I'm not the only one alone in this issue. 

You are welcome.

I am not familiar with the travel sites on Malaysia so I can't provide an answer to your question.

Boo king c o m is surely not a good option (they are even worst than Airbnb) but I am sure you will find local venues as well as social media.

I personally work with local brokers (real estate agents) and local travel + tour agents and advertise on social media so I will reduce my dealings with Airbnb significantly as I will hopefully not need them.

Thanks for your advise friend. Hopefully you get your payouts back. Its also a good wake up call for us, to not rely on 3rd party / middle-man and create our own website, have full control. 

@Neil566 @Piotr48 @Sybe 

- - part 3 of screen shots (conversation with Airbnb support. I made sure the individual's name isn't on the screen shot so Airbnb finds no excuse to remove it as they did previous ones)

Screenshot_2022-04-22-09-46-38-940_com.airbnb.android.jpg

@Neil566 @Piotr48 @Sybe 

- - part 4 

Screenshot_2022-04-22-09-46-46-542_com.airbnb.android.jpg

@Neil566 @Piotr48 @Sybe 

- - part 5 

Screenshot_2022-04-22-09-46-52-331_com.airbnb.android.jpg

@Neil566 @Piotr48 @Sybe 

- - part 6

Screenshot_2022-04-22-10-24-34-487_com.airbnb.android.jpg

@Neil566 @Piotr48 @Sybe 

- - part 2 of screen shots 

Screenshot_2022-04-22-09-46-31-010_com.airbnb.android.jpg

@Sybe 

Hello Sybe,

I am completely ignored by the case manager despite that that particular ticket was opened almost 2 weeks ago and it remains open.

I also had 9 other tickets opened and closed 

It is now 47 days since I was supposed to get paid.

My three verified payout methods are : 2 by wire transfer (to bank account) and 1 by Western Union.

Is it acceptable for a multi billion dollar company that masquerades as a community to ignore members of its community and delay releasing their hard earned money for months ?

@Sybe @Piotr48 @Neil566 

Ten tickets opened already (!) in the space of 5 weeks.

I am waiting for 48 days to get paid.

Everything is in order with my payout methods but the money is simply not sent.

Zero customer service support.

This is how Airbnb deteriorated to become yet another useless, greedy and immoral corporation that masquerades as a 'community'.

How can this be OK?

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]