Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Neil566
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Hi, I'm Neil from Malaysia. We're superhost for many years and recently since the 27th March and we havent received our payout until today. We were on paypal initially and received a message saying : ' Your payout method isn't available, likely because of regulations for this region. ' So we added a payment method. New payment method was verified 6days ago but still not payout. We have contacted the Airbnb Help but no concrete answer was given onto why is this happening and when will we receive our payout. It is frustrating because we have many ongoing and upcoming clients to serve with expenses to cover, and we have no clue if we ever going to receive our payouts! 

Would like to know what can we do about it and is this affecting only us or other members as well? 

48 Replies 48

@Neil566 @Marie1009 @Sybe @Piotr48 

I feel it is only fair to update you that the payment finally went through.

Apparently the 'technical team' rose up from the dead and they sent me two transfers by Western Union during the weekend.

The payment was two months overdue but it is better late than never.

I collected the first amount so far (each transfer is limited to a maximum of 2,000 USD) and the second amount will pick up when I am in Georgia again in 3.5 weeks from today.

Marie1009
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thank goodness. I’m so glad you finally got paid!

Thanks for sharing your food news! That's a huge relief! That gives me hope that i may receive mine, and hopefully soon! Any given reason why it was delayed for so long? Any form of compensation for all the trouble you had to go through?  

@Neil566 @Marie1009 @Sybe @Piotr48 

Thank you Marie, Neil and Sybe for taking the time to comment and follow my case.

In answer to your question, Neil, I was offered a 100 USD compensation from two Airbnb support team member and was even instructed to lower my Western Union payout minimum amount to 100 USD which I promptly did but the compensation was never sent.

It isn't a huge issue.

I am just happy to have this particular episode behind me.

In Armenia (especially in the rural areas) 60% to perhaps as many as two thirds of our guests during the mid and high season hail from Russia so Airbnb is no longer an option for them.

I don't think the Airbnb platform is one that I can justify using any longer.

The risk reward ratio is just too high.

I am also appalled by the politicisation of the platform and the anti-Russian decisions that were made by Airbnb when at a drop of a hat (or more precisely a clock of a button on the keyboard) they cancelled all payments to Russian and Belarusian hosts despite that it was possible to still operate for at least three months and/or find ways to soften the financial shock in March and April 2022.

In conclusion the whole experience was an eye-opener.

For more than a decade I steer clear from American corporations as much as I can.

I have no respect and no love for corporations that heap profits at the same time poisoning ignorant clients with GMO and preservative filled 'food' (ie American junk food chains), GMO and antibiotic chemical filled cancer inducing crops such as Monsanto and the social media and entertainment companies that diligently achieve a level of zombification of the populace never thought possible before.

I feel the collective West is very much in a stage similar to that of the USSR in the late 1980's.

The main difference is that in the USSR 99% of the population was aware of the greed and incompetence of the 'system' and so hardly anybody bought into the state sponsored propaganda.

In the West a vast majority (maybe as high as 90% of the Western public) actually believe the system is working in their favour and that their leaders have a moral compass which is probably why the collapse of the collective West circa 2023 - 2026 will be a lot more tragic and violent than that of the USSR in 1989 - 1992.